Senior Content Designer/Scriptwriter at Big Health
Sorry, this job was removed at 9:04 p.m. (CST) on Monday, February 28, 2022
At Big Health, we believe that compelling storytelling can change the world. We are transforming mental health care with our award-winning, clinically-proven digital health programs.
Our flagship product, Sleepio, features “The Prof” and his dog, Pavlov, who help you learn life-changing techniques to take control of your sleep. It has helped people all over the world resolve their chronic sleep problems.
Our newest app, Daylight, gives people bite-sized techniques to manage their worry and anxiety, and was developed in collaboration with movie directors and podcast producers. In our latest scientific publication, 71% of people remitted from clinical levels of generalized anxiety disorder after using our app.
Big Health is growing our product content team. Help us translate the best science-based mental health therapies into accessible and engaging content. Through radical collaboration with our clinical team, designers, and animators, you will craft impactful stories to help people reframe their mental health challenges, and learn the most effective techniques to manage better.
Come join our growing creative team and use the best of storytelling to help millions of people back to good mental health.
Big Health is a remote-first company - we are headquartered in San Francisco and have a distributed team across the US and the UK. This role can be based anywhere in the US. Join us!
To learn more about working at Big Health, please go to Built In and Glassdoor.
What you'll do:
- Own content creation process from ideation to release, and ensure a cohesive content experience for both Sleepio and Daylight.
- Collaborate with product managers, designers, clinical experts, animators, and voice actors to develop compelling and engaging, interactive audio and animated content that help improve people’s mental health.
- Design, write, and edit new program content for Sleepio, Daylight, and future products, including audio scripts, animated videos, and interactive questions.
- Find creative solutions to technical constraints, and make the most of the interactive app experience we can offer.
What you bring:
- 3+ years of experience creating compelling scripts, shows, animations, games, and/or podcasts.
- Experience working with interactive products is a big plus
- Highly creative and punchy scriptwriting and storytelling
- Strong ability to distill abstract ideas into memorable metaphors, narratives, and imagery.
- Ability to empathize and understand people with diverse backgrounds and needs, and tell stories that resonate with a broad audience
- Thrives on collaboration and enjoys incorporating diverse perspectives into your work.
- Work effectively with voice actors, designers, illustrators, and animators to bring your scripts to life
- Boundless curiosity about different topics; ready to dive deep into the field of mental health and cognitive-behavioral techniques
- Highly organized; able to manage multiple streams
Life at Big Health:
- Be part of a highly collaborative team that understands absolute goals as a group and how to achieve them together
- Surround yourself with the smartest, most enthusiastic and dedicated people you’ll ever meet, but who listen well, learn from their mistakes and when things go wrong, generously pull together to help each other out
- Check out our values - they’re a living, breathing part of our culture
- Enjoy benefits including a generous vacation policy, professional development fund, flexible working locations and more.
- Competitive salary packages including stock options.
Because we are on a mission to bring millions back to good mental health, we believe it’s essential to reflect the diversity of those we intend to serve. We’re an equal opportunity employer dedicated to building a culturally and experientially diverse team that leads with empathy and respect.
Additionally, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. Big Health participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with Form I-9 information from all new employees to confirm that they are authorized to work in the U.S. Big Health does not use E-Verify to pre-screen applicants.