Product Designer at Maxwell (Remote)
Sorry, this job was removed at 10:15 p.m. (CST) on Tuesday, March 8, 2022
WHO WE ARE...
Maxwell was founded in 2015 by homebuyers who were shocked by the complexity and inefficiencies of the mortgage process for borrowers and lending teams alike. We’ve created a platform that has not only streamlined the process and made it more efficient - closing loans 45%+ faster - but has made mortgages more accessible in the process. Our mission is clear: democratize mortgage by helping lenders work more efficiently and stay compliant while eliminating the barrier to entry and the stress for the borrower.
We are a company focused on a supportive, diverse, and inclusive culture - live through our values of Rigor, Ownership, Curiosity, Kindness, and "Straight Up" - to bring equality to the mortgage process and spread financial empowerment. Intrigued? Read on and say hello!
WHO YOU ARE...
As a Product Designer at Maxwell, your user-centered digital design experience and ability to stretch into UX and information hierarchy design will make you our go-to expert. You get excited about working with an early design system and helping to bring structure to the chaos! You keep the balance between “perfect” and getting things done, and it doesn’t stop with finishing your designs! You show extreme #ownership (one of our ROCKS, or core values) in your role, turning ideas into an empathetic product that breaks down the barriers of homeownership for hundreds of thousands of borrowers across the US.
If you love understanding people's problems, making daunting tasks approachable and enjoyable, and designing tools that make people's lives better, this is the job for you! At Maxwell, we prioritize diversity and an environment of equality, and you are someone who supports that everyone’s voices are heard, respected, and encouraged.
WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING...
- Partnering with product managers, engineers, and stakeholders to oversee user experience for products from ideation to launch with a focus on iterative design in an Agile environment
- Acting as an advocate for the user and developing deep empathy for our customers and buyers, performing and using research to inform design solutions
- Creating visual designs, comps, wireframes, sketches, and prototypes that solve user problems and meet business goals
- Actively contributing to and maintaining our nascent (word of the day!) design system and coordinating the Maxwell brand across the design system and application
- Exemplifying the impact design thinking can have across the organization, and contributing to recruiting efforts as you help define the design culture at Maxwell
- Making sure that the things you create; outputs or insights; end up engineering-ready and you look forward to working (virtual) shoulder-to-shoulder with engineering and product to make sure your designs are built right the first time.
IDEALLY, YOU'LL HAVE...
- A compelling portfolio of your past work and its impact solving identified user problems. Bonus points if they’re directly related to B2B and B2B2C products
- Experience in the end-to-end cycle of product design in an Agile environment with direct interactions between Product, Design, and Engineering teams
- Demonstrable experience executing user testing, using research to make design decisions, and iterating on previous work
- Excellent communication and the ability to influence multiple levels of the organization
- Strong experience with Figma (we are a Figma-shop), or strong experience building and maintaining design systems using other design tools like Sketch or Invision
- Ability to work well on an ego-free, highly collaborative, and cross-functional team
- Passion for Maxwell’s mission; giving every lender in our network a permanent, disruptive financial advantage in their market; and the impact we can have on the world.
Not sure you meet all of our ideals? We’re a company focused on capabilities and still love to hear from you, so please apply below!
Minimum salary of $105,000 + bonus + equity + benefits
WHAT WE OFFER YOU...
An opportunity to be part of an agile team of thinkers and doers who are driven, collaborative, and authentic. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Our employees are our greatest asset, and you play a key role in shaping our incredible company and culture. Some of our benefits include:
- Competitive pay and meaningful equity as an employee at a fast-growing, venture-backed software company. We want you to participate and make decisions as an owner with our future in mind
- Dedication to your physical and mental health - flexible vacation time, 2 paid days off to volunteer at the charity of your choice, and strong benefits packages to best suit your needs
- Not only do we give you a WFH Stipend to be comfortable, we also give you a Development Stipend and TIME during the workweek to dedicate to your growth and continued learning!!
- An "Even Merrier Holidays" where Maxwell closes down the office to make sure employees spend time with family and friends or doing what they love most!
- A people-centric culture: we care about our employees and foster an inclusive environment to ensure everyone feels valued and has equal opportunities for career progression
At Maxwell, we value our differences, and we encourage all—especially those whose identities are traditionally underrepresented in tech organizations—to apply. We're looking for candidates with great experience and alignment with our core values. Maxwell is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you require further accommodations or have questions regarding accessibility of our roles, please reach out to [email protected] All employment decisions at Maxwell are based on a person's merit, business needs, and role requirements.
Read Full Job Description