Product Designer, Orders (Remote) at Square
Since we first opened our doors in 2009, the world of commerce has evolved immensely – and so has Square. After enabling anyone to take a payment and never miss a sale, we saw sellers stymied by disparate, outmoded products and tools that wouldn’t work together. So we expanded into software and started building integrated, omnichannel solutions – to help sellers sell online, manage inventory, run a busy kitchen, book appointments, engage loyal buyers, and hire and pay staff. And across it all, we’ve embedded financial services tools at the point of sale, so merchants can access a business loan and manage their cash flow all in one place.
Today, we’re a partner to sellers of all sizes – large, enterprise-scale businesses with complex commerce operations, sellers just starting out, as well as merchants who began selling with Square and have grown larger over time. As our sellers scale, so do our solutions. We all grow together.
There is a massive opportunity in front of us. We’re building a business that is big, meaningful, and lasting. And we are helping sellers around the world do the same.
The Orders platform mission is to connect the Square ecosystem so that sellers can sell anywhere and delight buyers. As a product designer on the Orders platform team, you will help create remarkable experiences that help our sellers improve their operations and grow their business. This includes reporting features on dashboard/mobile UI and UX, and conceiving and developing new product offerings. On this team your work will span from core features to experimental projects.
As part of a platform team, the work you'll do is essential to Square's ecosystem. You'll guide the product's design and approach to features that empower small- and medium-sized businesses and the people behind them. You'll be directly responsible for decisions that influence the product and roadmap. You will report directly to the Design Lead for the Orders team.
- Lead design for one of our main product areas, and work with product managers and engineers to establish its long-term strategy and short-term tactical work.
- Work with UX researchers, product managers, and engineers to iterate on new features and user journeys related to reports and analytics in Square Dashboard and POS
- Think holistically about complex systems, empathize with users, and understand goals to create compelling user experiences
- Conceptualize designs, from wireframes, visual mockups to prototypes
- Advocate for product quality
- 5+ years of professional design experience
- A portfolio that reflects your strengths in both UX and visual design skills ,including multiple shipped projects on which you were the primary designer
- Experience working across native platforms and web
- Solid experience in prototyping and interaction design.
- You plan, scope, and create work that contributes to a larger, long-term plan
- You know when to compromise without sacrificing user experience or design principles
- You are an advocate for the customer.
- You take pride in the quality of your work and create professional, well-thought-out designs using established design systems
- You work on challenging, wide-reaching projects for your team
- You are fluent in translating goals, user research, and complex user flows into simple UIs.
- You know when to go deep on a problem and create a comprehensive vision.
- You are motivated by feedback, and by the opportunity to improve in your role, in the work, and in how you work together as a team.
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, and always assess candidates on an individualized basis.
We want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD54566975, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD54566975 is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.