Who We Are
Addepar’s mission is to bring data, technology and people together to help investors make more informed and timely investment decisions. Our wealth management platform is transforming the fintech industry by providing data aggregation, analytics and reporting for even the most complex investment portfolios. Here, your voice matters. We believe that portfolio, market and client insights can make a significant and sustainable impact, one person and one community at a time. Working at the intersection of groundbreaking technology and limitless financial services industry growth, we are optimizing how capital is put to work.
We are currently seeking a technical Product Designer to join our Design team, composed of Creative, Product, and Content Designers. The role will lead the design of a suite of tools that are used by our global operations team to configure, monitor, maintain, and administer all financial data on Addepar’s operating platform.
What You’ll Do
- Collaborate with product managers, engineers, designers, and other cross-functional stakeholders through all stages of the design process and product development lifecycle to build out thoughtful and scalable solutions.
- Conduct research to gain deep understanding of the problem space and empathy in user needs through both qualitative and quantitative methods.
- Identify opportunities to simplify complexity and create self-service workflows.
- Lead all design aspects of a project from start to finish with well articulated design rationale and high quality deliverables that communicate design directions and details effectively.
- Be an advocate for the users; influence high-level product decisions, prioritization, strategies, and roadmaps with a user-centered mindset.
- Be an engaging member of a cross-functional agile product team, focus on achieving business outcomes, and push for continuous process improvements to consistently deliver value to our clients.
- Partner with the User Interface team to ensure your work is aligned with our design system global access standards.
- Seek out and embrace feedback from your peers and stakeholders while providing thoughtful feedback to your team.
Who You Are
- Experience working in the field of Product Design, Interaction Design, and/or UX Design.
- A portfolio showcasing strong user research practices and user-centered designs that are usable, useful, and delightful.
- Experience designing for technical user base and familiarity with developer tools and programming languages.
- Solid understanding of user interface design patterns and best practices for enterprise web applications.
- Solid understanding of visual design fundamentals such as typography and color theory.
- Ability to understand deep, technical problems and distill complex user workflows and business requirements into simple and elegant design solutions.
- Detail-oriented, with a keen eye for consistency.
- Excellent communication and storytelling skills.
- A self-starter and a team player who enjoys working in a fast-paced, agile environment.
- Experience working with Figma, our preferred design tool.
- Experience in the finance industry is not required, but a huge plus.
Addepar was founded in 2009 by Palantir co-founder Joe Lonsdale, who currently serves as an active Chairman of its Board of Directors and General Partner at 8VC. Addepar works with hundreds of leading financial advisors, family offices and large financial institutions that manage data for over $3 trillion of assets on the company's platform. Addepar was named a Forbes Fintech 50 company and honored as a member of the CB Insights Fintech 250. Addepar is headquartered in Silicon Valley and has offices in New York City, Salt Lake City and Edinburgh, Scotland.
At Addepar, we are driven by our core values:
- Take Action - We believe in empowering each other to make decisions that elevate our colleagues and our communities.
- Build Together - We celebrate success by recognizing the value of collaborating with each other, our clients and partners.
- Best Ideas Win - We welcome new ideas that inspire change.
- Demand Transparency - We encourage open discussion and information-sharing to strengthen communication across organizations.
- Solve Problems that Matter - We put our community of clients and partners first by creating technology that meets their needs today
In addition to our core values, Addepar is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We seek to bring together diverse ideas, experiences, skill sets, perspectives, backgrounds and identities to drive innovative solutions. We commit to promoting a welcoming environment where inclusion and belonging are held as a shared responsibility.
To ensure the health and safety of all Addepeeps and our prospective candidates, we have instituted a virtual interview and onboarding experience.