Product Designer (NYC) at Kustomer
Kustomer is THE omnichannel SaaS platform reimagining customer service through standout experiences with the most modern technology CRM has to offer. We exist not to resolve tickets but to help customers have phenomenal experiences. Kustomer built its platform with intelligent automation, and a unified support experience that enables companies to deliver effortless, consistent and personalized service to each and every customer.
Our Krew is made up of passionate and collaborative people who really care about what they do and the people they help. We look for people who are passionate about enhancing the customer service experience for everyone involved, as it's the core of what we do. We're in the midst of explosive growth, and have no plans of slowing down. We welcome individuals who want to learn and be challenged every day.
Some fun facts about us, Kustomer is the core platform of some of the incredible customer service brands like Ring, Sweetgreen, Rent the Runway, Glossier, Away, Glovo, and UNTUCKit. We were founded in 2015 and are based out of NYC. The serial entrepreneurs who founded this business, Brad Birnbaum and Jeremy Suriel, led Kustomer to raise over $173.5M in venture funding, with some of the most amazing VCs behind us including: Tiger Global Management, Battery Ventures, Redpoint Ventures, Cisco Investments, Canaan Partners, Boldstart Ventures and Social Leverage.
It gets even more amazing - Kustomer is thrilled to announce we have signed a deal to be acquired by Facebook. We are currently operating independently until closing. This is an incredible opportunity to join our fast-growing team and be a part of this once in a lifetime experience. Check out this article for more details on this amazing adventure!
About the Role
The Product Designer will join a team of talented designers focused on providing our customers with a flawless user experience. The ideal candidate will quickly understand our space and the problems we’re trying to solve for our users. You have experience and skill working on all phases of the design process. You will work with your team to provide seamless, intuitive solutions, consistently iterating on designs until the results are “pixel-perfect”. You collaborate well and communicate effectively with a cross-functional team to design the right solutions to complex user problems.
You'll be responsible for:
- Understanding the complex problems we’re trying to solve in the Customer Experience space
- Designing solutions that are intuitive, clean, and effective to achieve our product goals
- Leveraging data to inform design decisions to arrive at the optimal solution for our users
- Fostering alignment on design decisions across design, product, engineering with great communication and collaboration
- Improving and polishing existing designs, promoting consistency, and improving workflows with the team
- Delivering complete, consistent results while setting a rigorous schedule for yourself and your peers
- May involve handling sensitive personal data
- You have 2+ years of hands-on product design experience covering the full process from user research, sketching, to creating prototypes, user testing, and delivering high-fidelity designs
- Experience designing for B2B software, SaaS, or work-flow management products a major plus
- You think critically about the end users’ experience and you are capable of providing simple, effective solutions
- You can create elegant, functional designs that live up to “pixel-perfect” standards and complement our existing design patterns
- You collaborate well with engineers, product managers, and other designers to arrive at the best solution
- You can communicate your ideas and designs in a clear, concise way that creates buy-in from stakeholders
- You have a solid work ethic and you’re willing to put in the time to make our product great
Kustomer offers an array of benefits including competitive salaries, stock options, 100% healthcare coverage, 401K, commuter benefits, and a generous vacation policy.
Diversity & Inclusion at Kustomer
Kustomer is committed to bringing together individuals from different backgrounds and perspectives. We strive to create an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive, feel a sense of belonging, and do great work together.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer open to all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, Veteran status, or any other legally protected status.