Product Designer, Lifecycle at project44
Our mission is to usher in a new era of trust and predictability to transportation and logistics, but there’s still a lot of work to be done. The industry is massive, as is the opportunity. We’re looking for bright, ambitious individuals to join our growing global team and help us enable a more productive and successful world. We’re changing the way the world ships, and we’re looking for you to help us get there!
About the Design Team
project44 has a multidisciplinary design team that acts as a silver thread running throughout the business and product. From brand, to product, to user research, and design systems, we use design to differentiate and position ourselves as the market leader. We start every project with customer research, and ensure that we're proud of everything we ship. Our team plays a vital role that ensures we focus on the right problems, craft creative solutions, and deliver gorgeous experiences to our customers.
The Product Design team advocates for our customers and works alongside Product, Engineering, and Growth to deliver the best solutions and experiences.You will report to Megan Ward, the Director of Design on the lifecycle team, and work alongside other Product Designers, as well as colleagues from Product, Engineering, and Brand teams.
You’ll join as a Product Designer focused on project44’s lifecycle products. This helps introduce new experiences for customers to both act on valuable insights from our visibility platforms but also take action to resolve issues in their supply chain.
As a Product Designer, you’ll be responsible for the full product design lifecycle: Starting with ideation, research, and continuing through crafting interaction models, user experience systems, and devising gorgeous visual design.
What should excite you about designing for project44:
- Getting to reimagine the world of global logistics — replacing complex, legacy systems with a modern, delightful experience for every persona involved.
- Impacting the ways your favorite brands and stores manage their supply chains.
- A strong design culture, where talking to customers is the start of any project.
- Building for the long term by expanding our design and brand systems.
- Close collaboration with product management and engineering.
- A fun, upbeat, and fast-paced team to work with spread across the globe.
What gets us excited about you:
- You have a couple years under your belt working as a product designer before — either at a technology company, design agency, or similar.
- You have a portfolio that shows how you owned a product or feature from zero to one.
- Experience designing interfaces that use data visualizations to communicate vital information.
- You understand how best to communicate stories using quantitative results — for users with and without data backgrounds.
- You're highly collaborative, with experience teaming up with product managers, engineers, and other business stakeholders.
- Your track record in building successful products — with a diverse portfolio to show how you contributed to those teams with examples of your product, interaction, and visual work.
- You consistently deliver visually gorgeous UIs and experiences that standout in your industry.
- Examples where you contributed to or collaborated to improve a design system
Travel + Location
You will be based in our office in Kraków, Poland. Regular international travel to our other global offices, including our HQ in Chicago, IL, USA, as well as for onsite research with customers will be required.
A link to your portfolio (and password, if necessary) or an uploaded PDF portfolio is required to apply.
Diversity & Inclusion
We're designing the future of how the world moves and is connected through trade and global supply chains. We can only deliver a truly world-class product and experience if our teams are as diverse and unique communities we are building for. So it's up to us to create a company where anyone can bring their authentic self to work everyday. We're constantly working to improve, and we accept our responsibility to elevate the voices left in the margins. It's on every one of us.
Our focus on inclusion manifests in the way we hire, the customers we serve, and the regions we prioritize. We're building a company that every one of us at project44 is proud to work for: a company that celebrates you for being you.
We pride ourselves on celebrating everyone — project44 is an equal opportunity employer actively working on creating a diverse and inclusive work environment where underrepresented groups can thrive. If you share our values and our passion for helping the way the world moves, we’d love to review your application!
For any needed accommodations during the hiring process, please email [email protected] Even if you don’t meet 100% of the above qualifications, you should still seriously consider applying. Studies show that you can still be considered for a role if you meet just 50% of the role’s requirements.
More about project44
Since 2014, project44 has been transforming the way one of the largest, most important global industries does business. As transportation and logistics continues to evolve and customer expectations around delivery become more demanding, industry technology must rise to the occasion. In just a few short years, we’ve created a digital infrastructure that eliminates the inefficiencies caused by dated technology and manual processes. Our Advanced Visibility Platform is used by the world’s leading brands to track shipments, collaborate with supply chain partners, drive operational efficiencies, and create outstanding customer experiences.