Product Designer (Animoto, Inc. –New York, NY): at Animoto (Remote)
Sorry, this job was removed at 11:02 a.m. (CST) on Tuesday, August 9, 2022
Help lead the design of our online video creation tools. Work with a cross-functional team to produce elegant and thoughtful design solutions that help our users create best-in-class social videos.
1. Apply a user-centric process to design valuable experiences for Animoto customers;
2. Work on an ongoing basis with engineers and product managers to plan iterative improvements to Animoto products;
3. Use Figma to create wireframes, prototypes, and other design artifacts as needed to effectively communicate specific features and behaviors;
4. Create journey maps, user flows, process diagrams and other documents to guide UX strategy for our web and iOS apps;
5. Conduct user research and synthesize results into actionable next steps;
6. Improve existing functionality and design new functionality for a highly interactive video creation tool;
7. Create designs using existing components from the Animoto design system, and create new components as needed;
8. Assist with facilitation for cross-functional, collaborative workshops with multiple non-design participants; and,
9. Present designs and key milestone deliverables to peers and stakeholders and guide the collection, synthesis and integration of feedback.
May telecommute from any U.S. location.
Bachelor's degree in User Experience Design, Industrial Design, Industrial & Product Design, Human Computer Interaction, or related field followed by 2 years of post-baccalaureate experience in a product design-related occupation.
Experience must include the following, which may have been gained concurrently:
1. Two (2) years of in-house product design experience working in an Agile environment with product managers and engineers
2. Two (2) years of experience creating wireframes, interactive prototypes, and pixel-perfect final designs with Figma or a comparable tool
3. Two (2) years of experience conducting user research and synthesizing results into actionable next steps
4. Experience designing in a professional setting for a highly interactive user interface, such as a multimedia creation tool, interactive maps, website builder, or similar. At least one significant project (3+ months) that was actually built—not just a concept or a school/personal project
5. Two (2) years of experience using and contributing to a component-based design system
6. Experience conducting at least 2 collaborative workshops with cross-functional groups including Product Managers, Engineers, and other non-design roles.
7. Two (2) years of experience regularly presenting designs to peers and stakeholders, and collecting/organizing feedback
8. One (1) year of experience creating journey maps, user flows, process diagrams, and other high-level design artifacts for web
9. One (1) year of experience creating journey maps, user flows, process diagrams, and other high-level design artifacts for iOS.
Position is eligible for telecommuting from any U.S. location.
Job Site: 436 Lafayette St., 2nd FL, New York, NY 10003. Full-time.
Please apply via Animoto, Inc.’s career website at https://www.animoto.com/careers and reference Job #PD821.
This position is part of Animoto, Inc.’s employee referral program and is eligible for an employee referral incentive.
Read Full Job Description