Product Design Lead at Akido Labs (Remote)
Sorry, this job was removed at 1:03 a.m. (CST) on Tuesday, May 3, 2022
Akido is a care delivery platform focused on overcoming the complex needs of our most vulnerable populations. We are on a mission to leverage modern technology and proprietary datasets that have historically been locked up in our public health ecosystems in order to radically improve the quality of life and affordability of care for underserved people.
We are a fast-growing, impact-focused, Y Combinator company being used nationwide to combat the Covid-19 pandemic, homelessness, and other public health crises. Across the country, health systems and government service providers use Akido to launch new technology-powered public health initiatives that improve the health and well-being of the communities they serve.
We're building a dynamic, diverse and driven team of people who care deeply about our mission and are passionate about creating transformational change in healthcare as we continue to grow and broaden our impact. We tackle new challenges together while working hard to cultivate an environment where everyone can thrive. Our team is on the path to eclipsing several major milestones in 2021 and we're looking for new teammates to help us accelerate our progress and join us on this journey to transform healthcare for our vulnerable populations. We look forward to meeting you!
We're looking for a Product Design Lead to build the foundations for product design to scale at Akido. You will lead the creation of original digital products that reshape the healthcare experience for our patient population and their providers. While Akido's user footprint continues to grow quickly, we are investing heavily into a unified, beautifully designed care delivery experience that simplifies healthcare for patients and ultimately leads to better health outcomes.
Our Product Design Lead will play the critical role of establishing design principles and systems for our Product and Engineering teams to build a scalable user experience, using our strong existing traction as a starting point. You'll partner closely with Product, Engineering and Clinical leaders across the Akido team to own the full scope of the design thinking process, from the research, to prototypes, to development-ready designs. Our ideal candidate is not only an expert design generalist, but is passionate about improving the way healthcare is provided for vulnerable populations with complex care needs.
What you'll do
- Maintain a deep understanding of the strategic & technical objectives of Akido's company and product vision to make critical design decisions with Product leadership.
- Collaborate with product management on ideas that will help improve performance of key KPIs.
- Build design systems for product, engineering and future design stakeholders to use.
- Continuously iterate and simplify the product design system to better enable shorter iteration cycles.
- Take ideas from concept to build-ready assets utilizing strong UX experience. Take ideas to user flows and low/high fidelity wireframes, and iterate with teammates and users to achieve polished final on-screen experiences.
- Design user research studies, gather data, synthesize findings into actionable insights. Distill learning into reports and presentations.
- Stay up to date on design best practices and source creative ideas from parallel, yet analogous industries
- Become a subject matter expert on the workflows and technology UX of clients, patients, providers and other stakeholders who play a key role in care delivery.
What you have
- 5+ years of professional software design experience
- Design experience with enterprise software (healthcare included)
- Expert level fluency of Figma and/or Sketch. Familiarity with the Adobe Creative Suite and other modern product design tools is a plus.
- Experience designing and running user research studies
- Experience shipping and iterating on features at various stages of a product's life-cycle
- Strong communication and presentation skills. Comfortable presenting ideas clearly to software engineers and business leaders.
- Ability to run creative workshops using your own flavor of the best practice design frameworks and methodologies.
- Experience designing software for clinical users or patients
- People management experience with designers or other creative talent
- Experience with identifying, setting up, and managing meaningful user experience metrics
- Bachelor's degree with a design, creative, or engineering focus
Perks and Benefits
- Flexible hours
- Unlimited vacation (we compensate your work, not your hours)
- Medical, dental and vision health insurance
- Wellness benefits
- Stock options
This is a full-time, remote, role for candidates located in the US
Akido is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship, marital status, disability, age, or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires an accommodation, please let us know.
More Information on Akido Labs
Akido Labs operates in the Healthtech industry. The company is located in Los Angeles, CA. Akido Labs was founded in 2015. It has 201 total employees. To see all jobs at Akido Labs, click here.
Read Full Job Description