Manager, Product Design at TripActions
At TripActions, “It’s all about the user. All of them” We’re passionate about providing seamless and intuitive products for business travelers, travel managers, finance teams, as well as the travel agents and support teams they rely on. Our goal is to transform how people experience business travel and how companies handle expense management.We’re looking for...
We look for our Design Managers to not only be great managers, but to have deep expertise in the craft of product design. Yes, we want you to manage, but we also want you to know how to lead design. You should be able to talk in detail about a page’s hierarchy, type, or function – and in addition, know how to lead your team through proper planning and project management. You are a coach who has been a player.
A few things specifically you’ll be responsible for:
- Hiring and coaching designers on the team
- Building effective partnerships with product, engineering, operations, marketing, etc.
- Implementing strategies and operations for multiple design initiatives and projects within the Traveler Experience product area
- Advocating for the role and impact of design across the company
- Running the day to day o operations of the team and ensuring design work is high quality, validated, and impactful
- 5+ years of product design experience, 2+ years experience managing product design teams
- A deep sense of care and concern for both our customers and the team you’ll manage. You understand that both design and being a design manager is all about people.
- A commitment to details, excellence, and execution. You know how to inspire, set, and maintain high quality design and run an efficient team.
- A collaborative, positive, and open approach to design. You think the best work is done with -- and among -- a team of diverse perspectives. Almost like dancing, with everyone moving in complementary ways.
- A bias for action. You are self motivated and comfortable bringing definition to ambiguity
- Strong written and verbal communication skills. Yes, we use Slack, but we also Zoom and Loom often.
- A track record of quality and impactful work. You have a portfolio of both projects you yourself have designed and work you helped lead teams through.
- Self-awareness and a growth mindset. Every leader is on their own journey to not just be a better leader, but a better version of themselves. We’d love to participate and help you in that journey.