Learning Designer, Technical Enablement at Toast (Remote)
Toast is driven by building the restaurant platform that helps restaurants adapt, take control, and get back to what they do best: building the businesses they love.
Bready* to make a change?
Toast’s Customer Success (CS) Enablement team drives the continued growth of CS by giving employees the tools and skills needed to do their best work. In this role you'll use your instructional design and project management abilities to create dynamic learning experiences that reach a variety of roles, from new employees to seasoned managers. You will evaluate the success of learning solutions related to Toast’s product suite, recommend and guide improvements, and develop adult learner-centered solutions focused on results-driven outcomes with a consistent learning experience across the board.
You thrive in a fast-paced, high-growth environment where priorities and deadlines inspire you to find creative, informed, and innovative learning solutions to business problems. Your product mentality means you’re comfortable seeking out user feedback, using agile development strategies, and consider experimentation a norm to create progressive learning products.
About this roll*:
- Use your analytical skills to determine business and learner needs and propose learning solutions that address those needs.
- Design and develop technical, product-focused learning experiences that enable job success for Customer Success.
- Tailor learning solutions to the desired outcomes and scope of each need (ILT, eLearning, blended learning, self-paced, videos, gamification, just-in-time learning, and more), setting the bar for design standards that provide a results-driven learning experience.
- Pivot to the ever changing needs of the business, creating agile solutions that appeal to today’s modern learners and can be easily adjusted as the company evolves.
- Evaluate and communicate the impact of learning solutions using Kirkpatrick’s four levels.
- Drive unknowns into clear outcomes through ideation, thought partnership and constant iteration.
- Work closely with subject matter experts to craft, revise, and maintain comprehensive and accurate learning assets.
- Maintain comprehensive knowledge of Toast’s ever-evolving hardware, software, and service offerings.
Do you have the right ingredients*?
- 3+ years of instructional design, elearning, and project management experience in a fast-paced, high-growth, and high-output environment.
- Exceptional learning content creation skills with a history of success driving measurable results from modern, innovative, and interactive learning solutions.
- Proficiency in technical writing focusing on process documentation for hardware and software.
- Extensive experience and proficiency with various design tools (i.e. Articulate, Captivate, Google Suite, content aggregators, websites) hosted on multiple platforms (LMS, web-based, mobile, etc)
- Broad subject matter expertise in learning design methodologies, adult-learning best practices, and Kirkpatrick’s four levels of evaluation.
- Proven ability to analyze training requests, recommend and gain buy-in on the right solutions for complicated business needs, and follow through to completion.
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects, deliverables, and competing priorities with a proven record of success.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills: Ability to build and maintain strong relationships and communicate effectively while under pressure - balancing confidence, humility and diplomacy.
- Confident working in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment with ambiguity.
- Passionate about the learner experience and how to make it better (always looking for ways to improve skills and learn new things).
Our Spread of Total Rewards
- Unlimited Vacation
- Sabbatical opportunity after five years
- Professional Development Reimbursement Program
- Commitment to Employee Wellness through resources such as a quarterly Wellness Stipend
- Various peer and company recognition programs
- 401(k) and matching
- Medical, Dental, & Vision Coverage
- Mental Health Benefits
- Subsidized backup childcare
*Bread puns encouraged but not required
We are Toasters
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion is Baked into our Recipe for Success.
At Toast our employees are our secret ingredient. When they are powered to succeed, Toast succeeds.
The restaurant industry is one of the most diverse industries. We embrace and are excited by this diversity, believing that only through authenticity, inclusivity, high standards of respect and trust, and leading with humility will we be able to achieve our goals.
Baking inclusive principles into our company and diversity into our design provides equitable opportunities for all and enhances our ability to be first in class in all aspects of our industry.
Bready* to make a change? Apply today!
Toast is committed to creating an accessible and inclusive hiring process. As part of this commitment, we strive to provide reasonable accommodations for persons with disabilities to enable them to access the hiring process. If you need an accommodation to access the job application or interview process, please contact [email protected]
For roles based in the United States: As part of our commitment to the health and safety of our employees and their families, all individuals entering our US workspaces are required to provide proof of full vaccination against COVID-19 unless they have an approved medical or religious accommodation.