Route is a one-click premium shopping experience for online ordering, and the only way to view all of your online orders, from any merchant, in one place. Online shoppers can insure and visually track everything they order online in one centralized app. E-commerce merchants from boutique brands to household names can add Route to their website empowering one-click solutions for their customers for shipping insurance, visual package tracking, and one-click claim handling. With offices in both Silicon Slopes, Utah (HQ) and Santa Monica, California, Route embodies a creative lifestyle partnered with innovative tech to build a one of a kind global brand.
WHO YOU ARE
Making Route better for users and merchants around the world brings deeply interesting UX challenges across language, behaviors, and ultimately, culture. We’re always on the lookout for people who are excited to work on hard problems at a global scale in a friendly, collaborative environment.
As the Lead UX Researcher, you will help build out and support the entire research process, collaborating closely with cross-functional counterparts in Product Management, Product Design, Marketing, and Engineering to influence key strategy and execution decisions. The scope of work will encompass both consumer tech and B2B. You will help define future features and products as you spearhead a human-centered decision-making process and develop the most useful and usable product experiences for Route’s audience.
You will work with teams to incorporate people-centric thinking from problem definition to post-launch iteration. We ask thoughtful research questions, conduct contextual research, frame problems, synthesize insights, evaluate concepts or prototypes, and assist with launches and releases.
In addition to informing product and UX throughout projects, we also work on broader internal initiatives to cultivate user and merchant empathy throughout Route.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Ensuring our platform considers the full range of needs across language, culture, and local commerce behaviors. While we may share the platform, user and merchant needs vary greatly around the world.
- Partnering with leadership across design, product management, growth, marketing, operations, and analytics to influence product design and innovation.
- Building out our research roadmap to help align cross-functional teams around a shared vision for research at Route.
- Initiating and conducting generative, iterative, and evaluative research to provide feedback on concepts, designs, and the end-to-end user experience.
- Leading qualitative research with partners and outside vendors
- Sharing findings to diverse audiences through written reports, in-person presentations, and creative design tools and assets for product stakeholders to use.
- Presenting research findings and strong recommendations to executives, global teams and stakeholders of research.
- Shaping how our product teams, including UX, engineering and product management collaborate to produce a world-class offering. The team is still in the fundamental forming and storming stages as a product team. We’re building to the needs of our users and merchants while hardening our institutional knowledge.
WHAT YOU HAVE
- Experience building out a global research program, in a product development or service design context. Hands-on experience scoping and prioritizing research questions, research planning, data gathering, analysis, summarizing, and sharing findings.
- Examples of projects where your research insights led to better informed design decisions (e.g. to guide product roadmaps, strategy decisions).
- Experience applying a range of research methods.
- Familiarity with combining qualitative and quantitative data.
- Examples of how you influenced teams or companies to become more people-centred.
- Proven ability to build relationships between disciplines and cultivate collaboration.
It's a bonus if you have:
- Experience with global field research
- Spoken at conferences or written about research, UX, design, or strategy.
- Skills, hobbies, or experience that have given you a unique perspective on UX research.
We know that applying to a new role takes a lot of work and we truly value your time. We're looking forward to reading your application. If you’re interested in helping us shape the future of commerce around the world, send us a few samples of your work: portfolio, wireframes, UX flows, publications, or whatever represents what you do best.
Route offers an array of benefits including generous salaries, stock options, 100% healthcare coverage, and an unlimited PTO policy.
Route is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We embrace diversity and equal opportunity in a serious way. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.