Lead UX Designer at Nexient (Ann Arbor, MI)
| Ann Arbor, MI
Sorry, this job was removed at 6:16 p.m. (CST) on Monday, May 16, 2022
About your future team
Nexient is on a mission: To rid the world of crappy software, one sprint at a time.
Every day, our 1000+ Agile developers, designers, and strategists empower each other to find passion in our work while we innovate the world. This culture of teamwork and curiosity is fueled by a product-minded approach to our work, crafting extraordinary custom software solutions and growing careers along the way.
Our clients range from some of America’s favorite brands in retail, healthcare, financial services to fast-emerging disruptors – You might have read about us in the NY Times. We’re also recognized as a Gartner Cool Vendor, HFS Hot Vendor, and America’s leading 100% U.S. Agile software services partner.
If you’re looking to change the trajectory of your career, make an impact on Day One, develop custom software on the best technology around – and maybe even make people’s lives easier -- then you belong here, with us.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Design end to end user experiences through research, wireframe mock-ups, personas development, wireframe mock-ups, interactions flows and prototypes, and specification documents
- Plan and execute research studies on product owner and end users to capture requirements and validate designs. This will include usability planning and execution to improve
- Create wires, site maps, user flows, plus managing other UX designers to ensure that all work going out for your clients is consistently great
- Prepare and run collaborative workshops like Design Studios and brainstorming sessions
- Stay current on emerging industry trends, and the competitive landscape to provide insight on ways to improve usability, and website functionality
- Participate in the recruitment process to help build the UX team
- Help develop ongoing training programs to develop the skills of the whole team
- Mentor junior UX team members; challenging and motivating them
Required Skills and Experience:
- 7+ years of experience in UX strategy and/or user interface design. Prior design agency experience is preferred
- Demonstrated skills creating process flows, sitemaps, wireframes, prototypes, and other UX deliverables
- Solid experience with design tools (Sketch, Adobe Creative Suite, etc.) and prototyping tools (InVision, Axure, etc.)
- Solid understanding of user-centered design based on HCI, visual, or industrial design foundations
- Good story telling and communication skill
- Produce clear, user-centric design across mobile, desktop, web and hardware endpoints
- Familiar with web responsive design, iOS and Android design guidelines
- Contribute to all aspects of design including requirement defining, user research, workflow diagraming, detailed design, development of use cases and scenarios, and engineering support
- Partner closely with developers,QA and product managers to rapidly iterate on designs based on user feedback, tech constraints, and market dynamics
- Previous experience with creating complex, user-centric websites required; experience in or knowledge of website development or coding, preferred
- Expert knowledge of user interface design, information design, usability principles, and web design
- Prior experience leading and mentoring UX Designers/Information Architects
- Experience with Agile and/or Scrum development methods
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
- This position will report to the Creative Director
As a vital member of our Product Experience Practice, you will be part of one of our 100+ small cross-functional teams working side by side with some of the most talented developers, UX designers, analysts, quality engineers, and product managers out there.
From Silicon Valley to Ann Arbor, Columbus, and beyond – a career with Nexient will offer you:
Remote, hybrid, or onsite opportunities: Here, you decide the work arrangement that best suits your needs and preferences.
Fulfilling and challenging projects: You will be exposed to different scenarios, multiple types of clients, and the most complex business and technology initiatives.
Access to the most cutting-edge technologies: You’re always going to be advancing your skillset by learning and working with the newest and most relevant technologies available out there.
A positive and passionate culture: Boring and divided aren’t in our vocabulary. In fact, it’s amazing to see how, despite our exponential growth, the Nexient culture and community stay as warm, diverse, and close as ever.
Plenty of opportunities for you to explore and grow: We will empower you to dream as big as you want and support you to make your career what YOU want it to be.
Creative runway: We take pride in encouraging our people to question the status quo.
Our benefits program includes:
· Medical, dental, and vision coverage
· Generous PTO, plus holidays
· 401(k) plan
· Life insurance and short-term & long-term disability
· Maternity leave
· Employee Assistance Program
· Flexible spending accounts
· Health savings account
Nexient is an inclusive, equal opportunity employer. At Nexient, your uniqueness makes us better. Your uniqueness is why you are valued, you are heard, you add to our culture, and you belong. Diversity & Inclusion is hardcoded into our DNA and at the core of everything we do. Together, not separately, we strive to become even more diverse to help fuel our innovation and connect us closer with the clients and communities we serve.
More Information on Nexient
Nexient operates in the Information Technology industry. The company is located in Newark, CA, Kokomo, IN, Dublin, OH and Ann Arbor, MI. Nexient was founded in 2009. It has 728 total employees. It offers perks and benefits such as Flexible Spending Account (FSA), Disability Insurance, Dental Benefits, Vision Benefits, Health Insurance Benefits and Life Insurance. To see all 96 open jobs at Nexient, click here.
Read Full Job Description