At Alt, we envision a world where anything is an investable asset. Using trading cards, we’re establishing a proof of concept to create financial products that traditional financial institutions don’t support or recognize as collateral.
To date, we’ve raised over $100 million from thought leaders at the intersection of culture, community, and capital. Some of our investors include Alexis Ohanian’s fund Seven Seven Six, the founders of Stripe, Coinbase co-founder Fred Ehrsam, BlackRock co-founder Sue Wagner, the co-founders of AngelList, First Round Capital, and BoxGroup. We’re also backed by professional athletes including Tom Brady, Candace Parker, Giannis Antetokounmpo, Alex Morgan, Kevin Durant, and Marlon Humphrey.
Alt is a dedicated equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse workforce. We celebrate our differences and strive to create an inclusive environment for all. We are focused on fostering a culture of empowerment which starts with providing our employees with the resources needed to reach their full potential.
Achieving our mission in the world and paving the way for a new industry involves understanding some of the most unique and complex research questions. Design and user experience is at the center of everything we do at Alt and is one of our key differentiators. We are a customer-obsessed company, and we believe that everyone who is involved in product development should deeply understand the needs and experiences of our customers.
As a Lead User Researcher, you will be responsible for identifying and leading research activities that provide actionable insights and ultimately build empathy around user needs. You will regularly share insights and recommendations with stakeholders. You will work in partnership with best-in-class product managers, designers, marketers, data scientists, engineers and stakeholders to deliver insights that drive remarkable solutions to support our customers. You will partner closely with both product and design to understand pain points, unmet needs, opportunities and test concepts to deliver delightful solutions.The impact you will make:
- Lead impactful, meaningful end-to-end research projects, across Alt's products.
- Shape User Research capabilities and processes, playing a key role in scaling methods, tools and activities that deliver value.
- Partner with cross-functional teammates from design, product, data science, marketing, and engineering to identify, plan, and execute tactical and foundational research.
- Represent our current and potential customers experiences by conveying insights in crisp, clear, and actionable ways.
- Re-frame problems and help our team continuously identify and learn about current and potential opportunities to better serve our users, inspire product strategy, and encourage design iteration.
- Experiment with innovative ways to shed new light on client experiences to help inform business decisions.
- Act as the dedicated researcher for multiple squads and build strong relationships with cross-functional partners, such as product managers, designers, marketers, analysts and engineers.
- 5+ years of user research experience.
- You have a collaborative mindset, with experience working across disciplines and with multiple stakeholders.
- Self-starter who can make effective decisions with little direction.
- Strong advocate for the user and for research-led product development.
- You have deep knowledge and plenty of practical experience with qualitative and quantitative user research methods.
- Experience collaborating with stakeholders to design and execute rigorous research studies.
- Consistently deliver complex user research projects and assignments on time and to the highest quality. Broad experience with research methods. You have a robust research toolkit and know when to use which method and how to combine methods for maximum value.
- You’re able to communicate effectively and in a compelling way.
- Ability to identify important research objectives, plan and execute research activities.
- Experience analyzing and synthesizing quantitative and qualitative data, communicating research insights and recommendations, and identifying areas for further exploration.
- Desire to strengthen the chemistry, diversity, and inclusiveness of our team.
- You will be given resources to help grow your personal brand and to position yourself as a thought leader in areas relevant to Alt.
- Ground floor opportunity as an early member of the Alt team; you’ll directly shape the direction of our company. The opportunities for growth are truly limitless.
- An inclusive company culture that is being built intentionally to foster an environment that supports and engages talent in their current and future endeavors.
- 401K, Work from home and Wellness Stipends
- Unlimited vacation policy
- Generous paid parental leave
- Competitive healthcare benefits, including HSA, for you and your dependent(s)