Lead UI/UX Designer at PeerStreet (Remote)
PeerStreet is seeking a Lead UI/UX Designer to help advance the development and adoption of our technology.
The Lender Experience group works on creating the best origination and funding experience for our lenders. The team builds software that helps both internal and external users manage the loan origination process and track the entire lifecycle of a loan.
The Financial Operations group works on our banking and transactions systems that move hundreds of millions of dollars monthly all while managing the vast complexity, integrations and various reporting needs. These systems handle all purchase, payment, draw, and distribution transactions at PeerStreet and are the foundation for both sides of the marketplace.
The Investor Experience group is responsible for creating a world-class experience for our investors, from initial investment to portfolio management.
Each group consists of one or more self-sufficient teams that each include product managers, designers, engineers, quality assurance and data, and each works closely with both our internal stakeholders and our customers to develop innovative solutions.
We’re moving fast and transforming real estate finance. Join us if you want to make a huge impact on a very visible commercial product and transform an entire industry.Key Responsibilities:
The Lead UI/UX Designer will be expected to contribute to the product with UX guidance, user research, designs (prototypes and production designs). The designer is the user experience branch of our 5 pronged team owning user experience while producing expedient business impact. You are expected to be a knowledgeable designer in the areas of web design, complex user flows, and user research. You’ll work hand in hand with your team’s leads and product managers to produce great designs for our product. We expect you to focus on delivery with the aim of producing impactful projects. As a Lead Product Designer you are expected to supplement the product manager(s) in design and lead ideation at times.Requirements:
- MFA, BFA or BS in Interactive Design, Graphic Design, Industrial Design or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years experience in product, graphic and interaction design.
- Expert in Figma (our primary tool) Sketch3, Photoshop, Illustrator, and Invision.
- Must show strong skills in designing and visualizing with data.
- Must have a solid grasp of web services and application design.
- Extensive knowledge in screen layouts, final production art, UI flow modeling, information design, typography, color, composition and UI specifications.
- Excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills, with an ability to defend design decisions.
- Strong knowledge and a keen interest in emerging tools and technologies.
- Strong user-focused problem-solving skills.
- Experience in iterative design practices and platform-oriented design
- A successful track record of UX mentorship
- Experience in Fintech or Proptech
- A passion for the high growth companies
- An interest in real estate or investing in general
PeerStreet is an award-winning software platform for investing in real estate debt, acting as a two-sided marketplace that serves both investors and private lenders. Much like Amazon and Airbnb have aligned buyers and sellers through their marketplace, PeerStreet does the same, connecting investors with unprecedented access to quality real estate investments and lenders with global, diversified capital sources.
We’re a private financial technology company backed by Andreessen Horowitz, Thomvest, and Felicis Ventures, among others. Founded in 2013, PeerStreet continues to grow at a rapid pace, and has already funded well over $2 billion in loans through our platform. We strive to ensure our best-in-class company culture grows with us by investing in our employees so they can perform at their best. And we walk the walk, with company equity, unlimited PTO, full health coverage, company-wide celebrations (in and out of the office), and more. So join us at our sunny headquarters in El Segundo, CA, and help us transform the real estate investing industry—forever and for the better.