- Steer efforts to concept, design, and bring your vision all the way through to implementation by moving quickly and working closely with leadership and cross-functional partners.
- Ensure high-quality cohesive experiences with comprehensive attention to visual and interaction details and consider yourself a craftsperson.
- Deliver key user insights that lead to innovative design solutions by developing a thorough understanding of our customers through quantitative and qualitative data and research.
- Proactively identify and act on opportunities to improve the utility, usability, and desirability of business-critical experiences.
- Build consensus across diverse teams through effective communication and facilitation techniques to solicit feedback from peers, partners, and leadership.
- Participate in design department activities as a leader and an example for other product designers.
- Work in close collaboration with the Head of Design to set up foundational design team practices, from process to external team representation, and participate in hiring activities.
- At least 5 years of experience designing digital products.
- A bachelor’s degree or higher in design, computer science, information sciences, psychology, human factors, or human-computer interaction preferred.
- A professional portfolio of product-focused design work demonstrating your intentional design decisions, thoughtfulness of your process, and the breadth of your skills.
- Expert proficiency in interaction design, information architecture, and at least one more UX competency: user research, visual design, or service design.
- Expert proficiency using design tools such as Figma, and design systems.
- Strong track record of achieving success at scale in Consumer and/or B2B products.
Benefits & Perks
- Remote-friendly - work wherever you're most productive.
- Comprehensive medical and dental plans.
- 401(k) plan with an employer match.
- Paid parental leave for all parents.
- All employees are granted equity through our Restricted Stock Units (RSU) Program.
- Unlimited paid vacation, flexible work hours, and 10 observed paid holidays per year.
- Employer funded long-term disability.
- Fantastic culture with regular virtual company-wide events, including cooking classes, yoga, meditation and more.
- Generous employee referral bonus program.
- The opportunity to attend peer-nominated quarterly DEI events.
- Working for a thriving, performance-based company that values promoting from within, career advancement and transparency.
- The option to work from a state of the art office in the heart of Chicago’s Loop featuring standing desks, mother rooms, gender neutral bathrooms, subsidized gym access, and full amenity floor.
- Commuter benefits & a fully stocked kitchen with rotating snacks and beverages.