Junior Product Designer (UX/UI) at EveryMundo (Miami, FL)
EveryMundo (www.everymundo.com) is a fast-growing, global provider of fare marketing technology to the biggest global travel brands. We provide airlines with performance marketing technology and services that facilitate global online brand visibility and digital agility, empowering airline digital marketing/eCommerce departments to be effective while minimizing IT resources required. EveryMyundo enables airlines to grow their direct channel and own their customers.
We are seeking to add a Junior UX/UI Designer to our team! Our ideal candidate is located in Miami, FL.
In this position you will have the opportunity to work closely with product teams, managers, and developers to help ideate, visualize, and document products. We are a fast-paced and growing design team with goals of becoming more design-mature. As part of a small team, you will have the opportunity to touch on all parts of the designs and make impact from an earlier stage. There is a lot of room for growth for self-driven individuals.
Our ideal candidate is a curious and enthusiastic problem solver who is ready to advocate for users and UX processes. Someone who is ready to pitch ideas, pivot directions as constraints appear, and take feedback constructively. Especially as a junior designer, always being open to learning from all directions is a huge plus. We love people who have individual opinions and ideas but are willing to collaborate to make them happen. It takes a village, EveryMundo offers the opportunity to learn quickly in a hands-on and fast-paced environment.
WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING:
- Participating in weekly design standups, design critiques, and experimentation sessions
- Contributing and maintaining our shared Design System
- Depending on your product team, working with Product Managers to research, rapid sketch, conduct a competitive audit, or run ideation workshops for feature development
- Identifying user personas and contributing them to your designs
- Deconstruct complex concepts into intuitive and user-friendly interfaces
- Quickly illustrating user flows and site maps for product communication
- Completing wireframes and mockups with iterations for clients or internal teams
- Completing design documentation and annotations for development
- Collaborating with other designers to maintain centralized processes
- Advocating for UX within the company and contributing to the design culture
WHAT YOU'LL HAVE:
- Higher education or credited certification in UX Design, Human Centered Design, or equivalent
- Use of Sketch App, Invision/Abstract or equivalent is a must
- Attention to detail in design mockups and wireframes
- Can work within big picture concepts to problem solve
- Being able to take initiative in UX research methods, ideation processes, and user testing
- Understanding of Design Systems and how they work
- Portfolio submission required
- Use of Figma, Sketch App, Abstract or equivalent is a must
- Can showcase their understanding of the end-to-end product UX framework
- Has a thorough understanding of of UX as an umbrella for many different subcategories
- Strong personable skills that allows them to communicate well - a good storyteller.
- As a performance marketing company, understanding of marketing concepts is a plus but not required
- Person who is willing to work and take feedback within a collaborative team environment
- Can understand and create diagrams to organize information
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with the ability to use data and metrics to back up assumptions, recommendations and drive action
- Can work with different types of products for multiple user personas
- Comfortable in presenting suggestions for change and or improving workflow
- Enthusiastic and proactive approach with willingness to research and learn
WHAT WE EXPECT FROM YOU:
3 Months: Training
In the first 3 months you will be in a centralized team/ training structure. This is intended to give you a high level of how all the teams work and let you touch base on all parts.
- Learn about all our products value propositions
- Shadow different parts of the designer workflow and collaborations
- Work with designers to complete design tickets and requirements
- Participate in the UX department definition and training
- Get thoroughly familiar with our Design System
After the first 3 months, you will be assigned to work more closely with individual product teams. This will give you more opportunity to dive into a product's needs and requirements and self-drive your designs within an end-to-end process.
- Understand the product users, needs, and goals
- Work directly with product managers and teams to produce visual aids and final mockups within sprints / agile environments
- Host brainstorming sessions to explore user journeys and flows
- Use our Design System effectively to maintain consistency across all of our products while contributing to the growth of the system.
After the 6 month marker, you can focus on becoming more of an informed designer to your product teams.
- Help Product Managers strategize and ideate new features
- Help teams visualize ideas through wireframing and prototyping
- Produce high quality design mockups quickly with the use of a mature Design System
- Promote the success of your product through measuring goals, feedback loops, and testing
- Contribute to the improvement of processes for efficiency and growth
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Company paid Medical, Dental, Vision
- HRA Company funded account
- 401K Plan
- Paid Parental Leave
- Uncapped vacation and sick days
- Flexible schedule
- End of year discretionary bonus
- Unit of Appreciation Plan for tenured Mundos
- Virtual yoga classes
WHY WORK WITH US?
EveryMundo believes strongly that our culture and values enable us to perform at the highest level for our airlines.
- Teamwork, Empowerment, Execution, Communication, Learning, Diversity, Change are our Company core values.
This culture and system of values serves us internally while also guiding our interactions and decisions regarding our customers. It is important to us that our culture and values are represented in our strategies, our output, and our communications. We invite our customers to collaborate with us in the spirit of these values.