Next Insurance is a fast-growing startup based in Silicon Valley that is led by a team of experienced entrepreneurs with a history of successful outcomes. Our mission is to transform insurance for small businesses by combining world-class technology and phenomenal customer service to offer better insurance at a lower price. As the leading digital insurtech company transforming small business insurance, we just announced a $250 million new funding round, bringing the company’s valuation to $4 billion and total funding raised to more than $880 million!
Next Insurance is looking for explorers who are filled with curiosity, have the desire to travel the unbeaten path, and realize new heights in providing small business owners with the peace of mind to run their businesses. If you move fast and are customer-focused and willing to challenge the status quo, Next Insurance might just be your next journey.
We're growing fast and are looking for a talented & passionate Head of Product Design to build/scale a world-class design team that will ensure Next’s end-to-end product experience is an industry example of customer-centric innovation, creativity, and boldness. This is a highly visible leadership position that will interact at all levels in order to deliver products that solve real problems for small businesses. Our product’s success hinges on a great user experience. If you're obsessed with the customer experience and want to work on products that can impact millions of small businesses, we'd love to talk with you.
What You’ll Do:
- Build and scale a world-class design team within the first year (hire and coach 10+ design team members, including managers)
- Own large design initiatives end-to-end, from ideation and research to pixel-perfect execution for new and existing products and features
- Evaluate our current practices and routines to ensure we appropriately research, review and iterate
- Collaborate closely with company leaders, creative leads, agencies, product managers, engineering, and other relevant company departments. This is a startup, you’ll have your hands in everything design-related; marketing collateral, PowerPoint presentations, print media, customer portal, etc.
What We Need:
- 10+ years of experience working as a design leader for consumer or SMB products (preferably at a high-growth startup)
- Proven experience with attracting talent and building/managing large design teams (including managers)
- Strong ability to cultivate a product design vision, along with a clean visual design sense as it applies to building and maintaining a strong brand
- An understanding and appreciation of the design process and design patterns but also the ability to work fast and deviate
- Ability to operate in a startup environment and make maximum impact with available resources
- Proficiency in working with prototyping tools (Principle, Origami, Atomic, etc.)
- A portfolio that showcases your visual and interaction design abilities
- Bachelor’s Degree required
One of our core values is 'Play as a Team'; this means making sure everyone has an equal chance to participate and make a difference. We win by playing together. Next Insurance is an equal opportunity employer and prioritizes building a diverse and inclusive workplace. We provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants of any type and do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job-related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state, and local laws. Next's policy is to comply with all applicable laws related to nondiscrimination and equal opportunity and will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.