Freelance Instructional Designer at HackerU (Remote)
ThriveDX (formally HackerU) is a Global leader - on the cutting edge of digital skills training and transformation. For more than a decade, we have trained thousands of industry experts as well as governments, military, intelligence, law enforcement agencies and top tier enterprises.
Originally founded within Israel’s vibrant high-tech ecosystem, ThriveDX brings a depth of experience and knowledge to partner with continuing education programs, preparing learners and helping them gain employment in a rapidly growing digital workforce.
From top universities like University of Miami, University of Michigan, New York University and California State University - we provide a turnkey solution that propels students into meaningful careers. Through these partnerships ThriveDX is working to uplift learners of all socio-economic backgrounds to close the global digital skills gap one student at a time.
- Revise and improve existing curricular and instructor-facing materials.
- Analyze and apply research-based and best-practice techniques in learning technologies and instructional design.
- Develop learning objectives, structure learning activities, create visual aids for online and face-to-face interactions.
- Write effective copy, instructional text, and audio and video scripts.
- Devise assessments to measure student understanding.
- Utilize eLearning development tools and software as part of the course development.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- 3+ years of experience in instructional design
- BA in Instructional Design, Education or equivalent field
- Experience with eLearning authoring/delivery platforms and learning management systems (ideally Storyline, Rise, and Canvas).
- Able to provide a portfolio or samples of work to review.
- Proven experience creating end-user documentation of various forms such as training manuals, online training content, user guides, and/or technical whitepapers.
- Proven experience working with multiple stakeholders to gather business and technical requirements for projects.
- Proven ability to meet deadlines on multiple concurrent projects.
- Strong ability to acquire, synthesize, and present technical Information.
Different is Good - At ThriveDX, we are a diverse, global family of lifelong learners, innovators, and education advocates.
Community is Everything - Passion, enthusiasm, and support is interwoven into the fabric of our growing community of lifelong learners.
We Courageously Make Change- We’re not afraid to ask the big questions and then work to create the solutions.
We deliver on our Promises - We hold ourselves accountable for all that we do, for every partner we serve and every learner we support.
Excellence is the only Option- Because we are passionate about education, technology, and advancement for our global community, we expect nothing but the very best from ourselves, our products, and the experiences we provide.
Your Success is our Success
If you are an exceptional team player who is ready to break down walls and forge into uncharted territories, if you want to lead a team of ambitious, passionate and like-minded individuals, then this role and this company is for you!
If you are a Self-starter with a “deploy on day one” mindset who has the confidence and ability to bring substantial value to the organization on an immediate and continued basis, you are the perfect match for us.
We are a group, a family, dedicated to changing-lives with a “Work hard – Play hard” attitude, who value individual contributions towards the collective goal and we cannot wait to meet the next member of our team! (and YES, we mean you)