Mailchimp is a leading marketing platform for small businesses. We empower millions of customers around the world to grow their businesses and build their brands with a suite of marketing automations, multichannel campaigns, CRM, and analytics tools.
We are looking for a passionate and influential leader to join our team as a Director of UX Design. In this position, you will lead and manage teams to ensure our products and features are valuable for our small business customers, are easy to use, and of the highest level of craft and execution.
You will be a foundational member of the leadership team working together with your product partners in product, engineering, and other disciplines to define the strategy, operations, and communications that guide the team to build great products addressing real customer needs.
What you’ll do here:
- Build and lead a talented, diverse, inclusive team of product + content designers and leaders that deliver successful, high quality experiences for people across markets, platforms and product surfaces
- Works closely with senior leadership to create strategic visions for the product and then deliver on those visions
- Drive collaboration and vision across Mailchimp initiatives to build alignment on priorities leading to product design and execution
- Motivate the team to create experience solutions that are simple, elegant, usable and constantly push boundaries to keep Mailchimp at the forefront of UX design
- Develop design talent and build a thriving culture where designers grow in their careers and feel a strong sense of inclusion and belonging
We’d love to hear from you if:
- You have 10+ years experience in product design and leadership, preferably in SaaS applications related to marketing, CRM, or similar software for small businesses
- You know how to lift the business through an end to end focus on customer experience
- You work with Scrum/Agile design, AB testing, and KPI measurement for UX
- You have a BA/BS degree in design, research, HCI, a related field, or have equivalent experience
- You embrace change and hyper-growth with the nimble ease of a dancer and know how to lead teams through it
At Mailchimp, we understand that experience comes in many forms. We don’t just accept differences, we celebrate them, support them, and hire peeps from a wide variety of backgrounds because it makes our company stronger. We’re dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team - so if your experience aligns with what we’re looking for (even if you don’t check every single box), please consider applying!
Mailchimp is an all-in-one marketing platform for growing businesses. Mailchimp empowers millions of customers around the world to start and grow their businesses with world-class marketing technology, award-winning customer support, and inspiring content. Millions of businesses and individuals—from community organizations to Fortune 100 companies—trust Mailchimp to help them connect with their audience with the right message, at the right time, in the right place.
Founded in 2001 and based in Atlanta with offices in Brooklyn, Oakland, Vancouver, London, and Santa Monica, Mailchimp has 1,200+ employees. Through Intuit, we offer employees competitive compensation, best in class perks and benefits. We hire collaborative, customer obsessed, problem solvers and give you ample opportunity to grow and succeed. Find Mailchimp on social.
Vaccination Policy: We are requiring that employees who come onsite be vaccinated. Unless prohibited by applicable law, full vaccination against COVID-19 is a requirement for any position at Mailchimp/Intuit that necessitates coming onsite and/or in-person business activity. Qualified applicants who wold like to request an accommodation (exception) on the basis of a qualifying medical condition/disability or sincerely-held religious belief should contact [email protected]
Mailchimp is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis race, color, citizenship status, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender (including gender expression and gender identity), sexual orientation, age, weight, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, marital status, veteran status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other factor protected by federal, state or local law. Mailchimp also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories, and complies with all applicable state and federal laws respecting consideration of unemployment status in making hiring decisions.