Design Research Lead at connectRN
Sorry, this job was removed at 7:30 p.m. (CST) on Monday, April 25, 2022
connectRN is the leading nurse-centric platform that is reinventing the way nurses and other healthcare professionals are finding work. By leveraging technology, connectRN connects the nursing community to flexible work opportunities and each other to build a supportive and thriving network. The platform offers career development resources and flexible shift offerings for nurses, while alleviating staffing shortages at healthcare facilities. connectRN is headquartered in Waltham, Massachusetts and serves clinicians across the U.S. To learn more about connectRN, please please visit www.connectrn.com.
connectRN is looking for a research leader to own the research roadmap across our products and services, and oversee a research strategy that will empower teams to answer the most important questions we have about our clinicians and clients. Reporting into the Director of User Experience Design, you will be responsible for developing a world class user research function at connectRN. You’ll partner with leaders across the business and present learning and insights that guide smarter decision making and drive our product strategy.
- Improve the lives of the true backbone of our healthcare system: nurses and aides
- Demonstrate and evangelize the impact of well-conducted, actionable research throughout the organization and inspire others to adopt a richer and more nuanced perspective of the people for whom they’re solving problems
- Build a strong relationship with your product, operations, data, and marketing counterparts to inform and evolve how we do discovery of new product capabilities and solutions
- Create a research playbook and basic infrastructure/processes that enable the Product team and others to get continual feeds of our users’ needs, behaviors, and sentiment. This includes operationalizing support for designers conducting their own research
- Work with leadership and product teams to collaboratively set the research agenda/roadmap, advising and prioritizing research needs across teams and helping teams differentiate between the various types of research projects available (e.g. problem space, solutions space, evaluative).
- Create and maintain an insights repository with an organization scheme that makes it easy for researchers and non-researchers to find relevant insights
- Deep experience in conducting design research within a product team or design agency, with equal comfort collaborating in live, fast-paced workshops or digitally and asynchronously, all with a diverse, multidisciplinary team
- A broad tool set of qualitative and quantitative research techniques for all types of user research, from exploratory/problem space through usability testing, and everything in between
- A portfolio of past experience that demonstrates your process and highlights your skill and success leading user research projects with clear and significant impact
- Strong coaching and development skills; you are someone who cares deeply about empowering their team to do their best work
- Strong opinions, loosely held: you are opinionated but have a low ego — you push yourself and your team to find the best possible outcome together, and accept feedback and constructive criticism with humility, and strive to gather multiple unique perspectives to inform your decisions.
- 100% employer-paid premiums for your (and your family's) Health, Dental, Vision, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, Life and AD&D insurance
- Health Savings Account with contributions from connectRN of up to $2,000 annually
- Free gym and parking on-site
- Flexible time off policy
- 401k with match
Please note that we are only able to hire permanent residents (green card holders) or U.S. citizens at this time. As a healthtech company, connectRN is committed to the health of its employees and will only hire those who are vaccinated against COVID-19 or if unvaccinated exclusively due to medical or religious exemption.
connectRN is an equal opportunity employer. As Connectors, we embrace humans of every background, appearance, race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, and disability status. If this role would make you excited to come to work every day, please apply! We look forward to connecting.