Brand Designer at Customer.io (Remote)
Hi, I'm Madeline and I lead the design team at Customer.io 👋
We are hiring our second Brand Designer! You’ll be a creative partner for our current designer, Khari, collaborating on the visual direction of our brand and creating imaginative and cohesive brand materials.
We make a tool for marketers to create their most ambitious messaging workflow ideas, quickly and without (much) code. We believe that emails and messages should be relevant, helpful, and dare we say, enjoyable. No more spam!What you'll be responsible for
- Evolving our brand’s visual direction. We have a solid foundation (illustration language, color system) but are ready to take more risks in our visual direction.
- Co-owning the design of all brand collateral, digital and physical, like our website, sales materials, ads, emails, and swag.
- Developing our creative direction for video. We’re excited to evolve our brand materials to be more interactive and human through video, but we need help creating a vision.
- Collaborating with product designers. Our design team spans product and brand, so you’ll be expected to bring a brand perspective to discussions about the product.
- You're knowledgeable in visual design fundamentals - typography, color, layout, vector work etc.
- You have a portfolio of memorable brand assets, showing a mastery of your design tools of choice.
- You have experience with motion design in video.
- You're comfortable challenging the status quo.
- You create close relationships with customers and speak directly to their why.
- You know how to communicate your design decisions to different audiences.
- You care about making sure your work is inclusive and accessible.
- You're located in UTC -6 to +1 timezone (Eastern Americas and EMEA) to maximize overlap with our marketing team and Khari.
- Specific years of experience
- A design degree
- Experience with message automation software - you can learn our product and audience much faster than you can learn design skills
Our mission at Customer.io is to power automated communication that people like to receive. Today over 3,600+ internet businesses use Customer.io to manage, send, and track performance of email, SMS, and push notifications. Unlike typical marketing platforms, Customer.io helps businesses increase relevance by using behavioral data: what people do or don’t do when logged in to a web or mobile app.
We are offering a starting salary of $80,000 - $130,000 USD based on experience and subject to market rate.
Benefits at Customer.io include:
- Unlimited PTO - we recommend 20 vacation days (in addition to holidays and sick days) so that you can unwind, unplug, and recharge
- 100% medical, dental, vision, and supplemental insurance for you and your dependents
- 12 weeks paid parental leave - for birth, adoption, or foster care
- 401k retirement matching - up to 5% dollar for dollar match to retirement contributions
- Health and wellness allowance - up to $200 USD per month that can be used for your healthy living needs, including gym membership, acupuncture, massage, or bike repairs
- Home office stipend - up to $2,000 USD to help you get your home office set up so you can do your best work
- Internet + cell phone reimbursement - up to $200 USD per month for your internet and cell phone plans
- Co-working space reimbursement - up to $300 USD per month for those times you'd prefer to work in a co-working environment
- Learning + development - up to $2,000 USD reimbursement per year to use on conferences, books, classes, workshops, and passion projects - anything that will help you develop your skills
- 1 month paid sabbatical after four years at Customer.io - to treat yourself to a vacation, or spend however you choose
- Company retreats twice a year - we typically get together IRL every spring and fall, but most recently had an amazing virtual retreat!
- Flexible schedule, work anywhere you want! - as long as you have a reliable internet connection and some overlapping work time with your manager, you can work where and when you want
All final candidates will be asked to complete an employment and education verification authorization form (which allows us to verify your job history and education listed on your resume) as part of our pre-employment process.
Customer.io recognizes the stifling impact of systemic injustice on diverse communities. We commit to using our influence to increase inclusion and equity within the tech industry. We strive to build an inclusive team culture, implement bias-free hiring practices, and develop community partnerships to expand our global impact.Join us!
Check out our careers page for more information about why you should come work with us! We are passionate about our core values of Empathy, Transparency, Responsibility, and Awkwardness and are looking for new coworkers to share and build that passion!How to apply
Apply at the link below and tell us why you're interested in the position! We plan to respond to all applicants by March 10 with a status update about your application.
Here's what you can expect from our hiring process:
- 45 minute general interview with Design Manager, Madeline
- 1 hr portfolio review with our Brand Designer, Khari
- 2 hr project and review with Madeline and our Product Marketing Manager, Molly
- 30 min final interview with Madeline (if needed)