WHO WE ARE
Centro delivers software and services to automate digital media operations for more than 1,000 leading agencies and brands.
Our comprehensive ad tech platform, Basis, supports the planning, reporting, and financial reconciliation of direct, programmatic, search, and social media, all in one place.
We are deeply committed to building software that will change the ad tech industry for the better and are equally dedicated to building an inclusive culture of highly motivated individuals who create a positive and supportive environment together. We invest in our culture and support our employees so they can do their best work.
Centro is headquartered in Chicago, with beautiful offices also in Toronto, Dallas, Denver, and New York to name a few. Post-COVID, many of us will be returning to one of our offices (by choice, not requirement -- we believe results matter more than where they are produced). Our employees have the flexibility to work in one of our office locations, completely remote, or a hybrid of the two. Please note, we are hiring on a remote working basis only in the U.S. and Canada.
ABOUT THE TEAM
This team of highly motivated and innovative thinkers develops internal and external messaging for Centro’s brand and product, Basis. Beyond speaking to specific functionalities, they understand the value of implementing Basis within the ad tech industry and are responsible for communicating those messages throughout the marketplace. Powered by cross-functional collaboration, they go above and beyond by demonstrating how Centro and Basis improve the lives of those working in our industry.
WAYS YOU’LL CONTRIBUTE
You will be part of a small-and-mighty creative team that supports Centro’s brand promise, vision, position, and architecture across all marketing deliverables. Every week will be different from the next with a variety of projects—a personality that celebrates change and can pivot quickly is desired. You will also contribute by:
- Being a key creative addition to the Marketing team, handling a diverse range of design projects for both external and internal audiences alike.
- Elevating our brand through marketing, advertising, promotion, public relation, social media, and event collateral that apply to web, email, print, and social media platforms for the company.
- Developing, maintaining and extending a system of design standards across Centro’s marketing efforts
- Diving into building unique educational interactive courses and booklets incorporating videos, voice, websites, podcasts, where needed etc.
- Supporting our Marketing and Sales growth teams’ initiatives by building visuals for online display ads
- Supporting departmental PowerPoint needs often—be comfortable with some weekend/evening work for high-level pitches
- Using solid communication skills to talk through a design solution, receive feedback, and work through development—demonstrated ability to translate complex concepts into easy-to-understand visuals that explain or tell stories
- Being a creative resource for the broader team—share shortcuts and design tips
- Contributing to Centro’s culture positively & using a team mentality
- Learning new software when required
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE TABLE
- 3-4+ years of design experience at an ad agency, ad tech company, or fast-paced sales/client services organization
- Past work that demonstrates your understanding of typography, visual design, branding fundamentals while comfortable working within design systems while confident building out presentations for c-suite needs
- Have excellent problem solving and time management skills with the ability to stay on-brand while maintaining attention to detail.
- Experience building presentations in PowerPoint for different audiences quickly (from execs to colleagues) and able to navigate the masters…like a master
- Able to work cross-platform and proficient in Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Illustrator, & Photoshop)
- Ability to work independently and within a team
- An online portfolio showing relevant experience
- Experience or interest in video editing for social media and promotional videos (Adobe Premiere and/or After Effects)
- Any brand / illustration / concepting experience
- UI experience
- Bachelor's degree (or higher)
Don't think you have all the skills required for this role? That's okay, we recognize that experience can be built in many ways. If you have relevant skills that are not reflected in your resume, we welcome your candidacy and encourage you to share more in an optional cover letter, even if your experience doesn’t match our exact requirements.
LIFE WITH CENTRO
We take care of our people and believe that Centro’s success depends on the growth and well-being of each one of our team members.
We provide a thoughtful perks and benefits package including competitive 401k/RRSP matching, mental health support, a funded health savings account, paid sabbatical, generous parental leave, a flexible work environment and time off policy, and more.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer are committed to building teams of Centrons that are diverse in thought, perspective, and culture. We celebrate all team members regardless of gender identity, sexual orientation, race or cultural background, religion, disability, and age. Our employee-led communities enrich our culture of uniqueness, inclusivity, and empowerment.