It all started with an idea at Block in 2013. Initially built to take the pain out of peer-to-peer payments, Cash App has gone from a simple product with a single purpose to a dynamic ecosystem, developing unique financial products, including Afterpay/Clearpay, to provide a better way to send, spend, invest, borrow and save to our 47 million monthly active customers. We want to redefine the world's relationship with money to make it more relatable, instantly available, and universally accessible.
Today, Cash App has thousands of employees working globally across office and remote locations, with a culture geared toward innovation, collaboration and impact. We've been a distributed team since day one, and many of our roles can be done remotely from the countries where Cash App operates. No matter the location, we tailor our experience to ensure our employees are creative, productive, and happy
Check out our locations, benefits, and more at cash.app/careers.
*Looking for candidates located in PST, MST, and/or CST Time Zones
As a Decision Scientist within the Afterpay Disputes and Risk Partnerships team, you will have a consumer-centric focus, being responsible for key KPIs related to merchants' impact on consumer loss performance, while also driving strategic initiatives for data-driven dispute resolution and risk management. You will closely collaborate with stakeholders to comprehend business requirements and align data science initiatives with organizational goals.
- Leverage data-driven insights to assess and optimize business performance, while proactively identifying opportunities to enhance the performance of the merchant portfolio
- Collaborate with key stakeholders, including product, risk policy, legal, and operations, across regional and global domains to align on impacts and gain consensus
- Provide senior-level support to targeted business activities, with a strong focus on driving substantial business growth through opportunities for product and process improvement
- Develop comprehensive analyses and reports that enable stakeholders to make informed decisions, while continuously enhancing frameworks to measure the impact of dispute system rollout, including prioritizing customer-centric risk experiences and streamlining operational workflows for increased efficiencies
- A minimum of 4 years risk management experience in one or more of these areas: credit and/or fraud risk mitigation for online or in-store payments, disputes, payments compliance, underwriting
- Technical skills must include SQL, Python, Tableau/Looker, and cloud environments
- Possess strong communication skills to engage and collaborate effectively with business and technical teams, ensuring clear and concise communication throughout the partnership
- Exhibit autonomy, agility in navigating ambiguity, and ability to adapt, problem-solve, and make sound decisions to effectively overcome challenges and obstacles
- Exemplify a customer-focused approach, prioritizing the needs and satisfaction of customers by delivering tailored solutions and exceptional experiences
- BS/BA or higher degree in finance, economics, mathematics, engineering or related field
To find a location's zone designation, please refer to this resource . If a location of interest is not listed, please speak with a recruiter for additional information.
Full-time employee benefits include the following:
- Healthcare coverage (Medical, Vision and Dental insurance)
- Health Savings Account and Flexible Spending Account
- Retirement Plans including company match
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness programs, including access to mental health, 1:1 financial planners, and a monthly wellness allowance
- Paid parental and caregiving leave
- Paid time off (including 12 paid holidays)
- Paid sick leave (1 hour per 26 hours worked (max 80 hours per calendar year to the extent legally permissible) for non-exempt employees and covered by our Flexible Time Off policy for exempt employees)
- Learning and Development resources
- Paid Life insurance, AD&D, and disability benefits
- Additional Perks such as WFH reimbursements and free access to caregiving, legal, and discounted resources
These benefits are further detailed in Block's policies. This role is also eligible to participate in Block's equity plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies, and may be eligible for a sign-on bonus. Sales roles may be eligible to participate in a commission plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies. Pay and benefits are subject to change at any time, consistent with the terms of any applicable compensation or benefit plans.
US and Canada EEOC Statement
We're working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we're doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page .
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, and always assess candidates on an individualized basis.
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.