System Data Analyst at Wing
Wing is reshaping the future of delivery. We are an on-demand drone delivery service that can deliver food, medicine or other items within minutes. We’ve also developed an unmanned traffic management platform to safely route drones through the sky. Our service is faster, safer and produces far less pollution than traditional delivery. Originally created in 2012 within X, the Moonshot Factory, Wing is now an Alphabet company.
About the Role:
Wing is looking for a Data Analyst to join our Analysis and Test team based in Palo Alto, CA. At Wing, data drives our decision-making. As a part of the Engineering organization, you'll be using data to inform both engineering decisions and business decisions across the company. Using your technical skills, you'll develop analytics and visualizations to measure the largest drivers of our business and of our financials. You’ll work cross-functionally to build tools that will be relied upon by all of Wing to make critical decisions, including Wing and Alphabet executives.
What You’ll Do:
- Work with our engineering teams to conduct data-oriented analysis, develop metrics, synthesize information and present insights to support strategic decisions
- Build actionable dashboards that efficiently showcase major Wing metrics, providing enough detail for action but keeping high level enough to enable quick identification of major successes and challenges
- Work with cross-functional stakeholders and leaders to gather relevant data and conduct business analysis, with effective project communication and management
- Deliver strategic insights and recommendations based on business analyses
- Drive ad-hoc data-driven analysis into strategic issues as needed by the Wing team
- Work with the data infrastructure team to enable integration of different systems and data sources
- Focus on automating meaningful data, removing manual processes where applicable
What You’ll Need:
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science or equivalent practical experience
- 5+ years of experience in data analytics
- Expertise in Python, SQL, and data visualization tools such as Tableau
- High proficiency with structuring strategic analysis and storylines using applications such as Google Sheets, Google Slides, etc.
- Enthusiastic problem solver who has a solid track record in structuring and executing complex analyses to support strategy, and works well in a fast-paced, constantly evolving environment
- Proven leader with strong project management, analytical, written/verbal communication, and interpersonal skills
- Exceptional partner who can work closely with cross-functional stakeholders and influence successfully across organizational boundaries
- Passion or interest in aviation or autonomous vehicles
- Expertise in statistics
- Prior experience using Google’s dashboarding tools such as Colab notebooks, Jupyter, PLX dashboards or Datastudio