Staff- Machine Learning Engineer at John Deere (Des Moines, IA or Remote)
John Deere is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to, among other things, race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identify or expression, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Primary Location: United States (US) - Iowa - Urbandale
Function: Engineering (CA)
Title: Staff- Machine Learning Engineer - 89024
Onsite/Remote:Partial Remote Position
Executive Business Case
The Automation and Autonomy (A&A) Tech Stack is critical to John Deere's strategy. Development of automation solutions to meet our customer needs for ease of use, productivity, and profitability will be key to our and our customer's success. Hiring engineers skilled in developing machine learning models in computer vision is part of our strategy to grow our automation to autonomy initiatives.
As an A&A Machine Learning Engineer for ISG, you join our team building a world class solutions to develop and validate our Automation and Autonomy tech stack (A&A) solutions. We are looking for someone with expertise in training and developing machine learning neural nets for computer vision applications.
What Skills You Need
- At least 4 years of experience developing deep learning neural net solutions for computer vision applications
- Experience training and pruning neural nets to optimize performance through practical work or academic experiences
- Experience in image processing with tools such as OpenCV and Matlab Image Processing Toolbox
- Experience developing ML solutions with workflow tools such as Pytorch, TensorFlow, and Kubeflow.
- Experience leading a team, delivering consistent results, and with excellent communication skills
What Makes You Stand Out
- Experience porting models to an embedded platform
- Experience in scripting languages (Python, Bash, etc.)
- Experience developing Linux software applications
- Experience with Agile software development processes
- Experience programming in C++, Linux
- Master's or PHD degree in Computer Science, Computer, Electrical, or Mechanical Engineering, or equivalent degree in a related technology field or discipline.
Bachelor's degree in an Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or similar education that enables sufficient machine learning skills
What You'll Get
At John Deere, you are empowered to create a career that will take you to where you want to go while working in an inclusive team environment. Here, you'll enjoy the freedom to explore new projects, the support to think outside the box and the advanced tools and technology that foster innovation and achievement. Additionally, we offer a comprehensive reward package to help you get started on your new career path, including:
- Flexible work arrangements
- Highly competitive base pay and performance bonuses
- Savings & Retirement benefits (401K and Defined Benefit Pension)
- Healthcare benefits with a generous company contribution in the Health Savings Account
- Adoption assistance
- Employee Assistance Programs
- Tuition assistance
- Fitness subsidies and on-site gyms at specific Deere locations
- Charitable contribution match
- Employee Purchase Plan & numerous discount programs for personal use
Click Here to find out more about our Total Rewards Package.
The information contained herein is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and qualifications required of individuals performing the job. The qualifications detailed in this job description are not considered the minimum requirements necessary to perform the job, but rather as guidelines.
The terms of the applicable benefit plans, and all company actions administering or interpreting these plans, continue to control. Deere & Company reserves the right to suspend, amend, modify, or terminate the Plan(s) in any manner at any time, including the right to modify or eliminate any cost-sharing between the company and participants. Changes, which can be made at any time, are made by action of the company's board of directors, or to the extend authorized by resolution of its board of directors, or by the Deere & Company Compensation Committee. In the event of a conflict between the language of the official Plan Documents and this document, the language of the official Plan Documents will control.
ACA Section 1557 Nondiscrimination Notice
The John Deere Health Benefit Plans for Salaried and Wage Employees comply with applicable Federal civil rights laws and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability, or sex.