Staff Data Governance Analyst at ServiceNow
ServiceNow is making the world of work, work better for people. Our cloud‑based platform and solutions deliver digital workflows that create great experiences and unlock productivity for employees and the enterprise. We're growing fast, innovating faster, and making an impact on our customers' and employees' lives in significant and important ways. With over 6,900 customers, we serve approximately 80% of the Fortune 500, and we're on the 2020 list of FORTUNE World's Most Admired Companies.®
We’re looking for people who are ready to jump right in and help us build on our incredible momentum, our diverse, engaged workforce, and our purpose to make the world of work, work better.
Learn more on Life at Now blog and hear from our employees about their experiences working at ServiceNow.Job Description
Information Architecture Team
The Information Architecture team focuses on the planning, design, and implementation of metadata management and the delivery of high-quality data to support key business processes and decision-making at ServiceNow. We manage an extensive products and services taxonomy – ServiceNow’s definitive source of truth for what we build and release. Our work offers close collaboration with various stakeholders at ServiceNow – such as Global Technical Support, Engineering, and Product Management – in identifying and executing on requirements to build quality, trust, and confidence in our data.
The Data Governance Analyst will be responsible for the enrichment, management, and quality of organizational and product metadata. This individual will work closely with cross-functional stakeholders to support the team’s mission to manage a central repository of technical and business metadata to enable stakeholders, business processes, and analytics across the organization. Additionally, the Data Governance Analyst will execute on our roadmap to implement, optimize, and evolve our data governance framework.
What you get to do in this role:
- Support the ongoing management and enhancement of products and services metadata while sustaining operational effectiveness
- Act as reviewer and administrator in metadata management processes, including triaging user requests, executing updates to data, and QA within SOPs and SLAs
- Evaluate and resolve stakeholder inquiries and provide effective recommendations that meet the overall needs of the business while upholding established guidelines, quality, and standards
- Continuously improve and optimize data definitions, relationships, standards, and quality
- Develop guidelines and processes to ensure quality metadata and support for ongoing data governance
- Analyze data issues and drive appropriate actions with data operations and business process teams
- Create and maintain appropriate documentation / operating procedures for related processes
- Maintain in depth understanding of how data flows around the business, who uses it, and how
- Drive continuous improvements for metadata management and related processes
- Educate stakeholders on an ongoing basis to champion metadata management processes, workflows, and implementation frameworks
In order to be successful in this role, we need someone who has:
- 8+ years’ experience in enterprise data governance, data operations, or data management
- Experience in data quality, data profiling, and data analysis, with ability to identify data patterns and root causes of data issues and help drive closed-loop corrective action
- Demonstrated ability to understand business processes and pain-points to lead the definition of data requirements to meet complex business needs and drive data quality
- Strong analytical skills and data curiosity to analyze data and work directly with business stakeholders to gather and evaluate requirements, ask questions, and dig in
- Experience organizing and structuring complex business data
- Experience with defining, building, and implementing standards and operating models
- Working knowledge of data governance best practices
- Experience in process modeling, process optimization, and process management
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Strong relationship-building skills with ability to effectively interact with a wide range of individuals
- Ability to translate business needs into technical requirements and technical information into more consumable terms
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including preparation and delivery of presentations, workshop design and facilitation, and technical documentation
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Experience working with geographically distributed teams
- Ability to travel as required
- Knowledge of ServiceNow platform and products
- Working knowledge of SmartLogic Semaphore
- Experience working in Scrum/Agile development environments
- Familiarity with IT service management software (ITSM), PaaS, and SaaS
- Experience working with Enterprise Customer Support Processes and/or ITIL
- Experience as a business analyst
- Experience in change management, program management, or project management
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin or nationality, ancestry, age, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status or any other category protected by law.
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at +1 (408) 501-8550, or [email protected] for assistance.
For positions requiring access to technical data subject to export control regulations, including Export Administration Regulations (EAR), ServiceNow may have to obtain export licensing approval from the U.S. Government for certain individuals. All employment is contingent upon ServiceNow obtaining any export license or other approval that may be required by the U.S. Government.