H-E-B is one of the largest, independently owned food retailers in the nation operating over 420+ stores throughout Texas and Mexico, with annual sales generating over $34 billion. Described by industry experts as a daring innovator and smart competitor, H-E-B has led the way with creative new concepts, outstanding service and a commitment to diversity in our workforce, workplace and marketplace. H-E-B offers a wealth of career opportunities to our 145,000+ Partners (employees), competitive compensation and benefits program and comprehensive training that lead to successful careers.
H-E-B is one of the largest, independently owned food retailers in the nation operating over 400 stores throughout Texas and Mexico, with annual sales generating over $25 billion. Described by industry experts as a daring innovator and smart competitor, H-E-B has led the way with creative new concepts, outstanding service and a commitment to diversity in our workforce, workplace and marketplace. H-E-B offers a wealth of career opportunities to our 109,000+ Partners (employees), competitive compensation and benefits program and comprehensive training that lead to successful careers.
H-E-B Digital is seeking new team members (Partners)! Since our inception, we've been investing heavily in our customers' digital experience, reinventing how they find inspiration from food, how they make food decisions, and how they ultimately get food into their homes. This is an exciting time to join H-E-B Digital, and we're hiring across the stack: front-end web and mobile, full-stack, and backend engineering. We're using the best available technologies to deliver modern, engaging, reliable, and scalable experiences to meet the needs of our growing audience. Our digital solutions are growing in popularity and adoption-like Curbside and Home Delivery-so you'll get the opportunity to define the user experience for millions of customers and hundreds of thousands of Partners. If you're someone who enjoys taking on new challenges, working in a rapidly changing environment, learning new skills, and applying it all to solve large and impactful business problems, we want you as part of our team.
Our Partners thrive The H-E-B Way. In the Senior Data Engineer, Marketing Technology position, that means you have a...
HEART FOR PEOPLE... you can organize multiple engineers, negotiate solutions, and provide upward communication
HEAD FOR BUSINESS... you consistently demonstrate and uphold the standards of coding, infrastructure, and process
PASSION FOR RESULTS... you're capable of high-velocity contributions in multiple technical domains
What You'll Do
- Work with HEB Digital teams to provide data solutions for Store Operations, eCommerce, Supply Chain, Finance, Marketing Reporting & Analytics Platforms
- Contribute to existing data platforms and implement new technologies
- Develop a deep understanding of HEB's data and become a domain expert
- Ensure data is distributed in a timely and accurate manner
- Make data discoverable and accessible to business users
- Coach and mentor junior engineers in engineering techniques, processes, and new technologies; enable others to succeed
- Contribute to overall system design, architecture, security, scalability, reliability, and performance of applications
- Identify, scope, and architect solutions for new features while applying sound technical judgment that considers technology alternatives, impact on affected / adjacent systems, and tradeoffs
- Get the opportunity to stay ahead of new technologies with an eye to evaluating and potentially incorporating them into your team's architecture
Projects You'll Impact
- Foundational Marketing Technology - Engineering data pipelines and integrating with transactional customer data and technologies to enable analysts and data scientists to utilize data to improve decision making and automation of ML models. Includes integrating the AWS Data Lake (Databricks), Teradata Data Warehouse, Social Media platforms and Salesforce Marketing Cloud
- Marketing and Campaign Analytics - Engineering data pipelines and building aggregates to enable the reporting and analytics of campaign metrics, response data, ad and promotion data to drive improvements in Targeted Marketing programs. Includes enabling campaign automation capabilities
- Digital Ads - Engineering pipelines to enable new capabilities for Digital Advertising on the ecommerce platform. Partnering with other HEB Engineering teams and 3rd party solutions to deliver new capabilities and enable new revenue streams
Who You Are
- 5+ years of Data Engineering experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or comparable field or equivalent experience
- Proficient with data technologies (e.g. Spark, Kinesis, Kafka, Oracle, PostgreSQL, Redshift, Presto, TIBCO BWCE, TIBCO EMS, Pyspark, Python, ARGO Workflow, Databricks, etc.)
- Experienced with designing and developing Realtime/ETL data pipelines using tools such as Python, ARGO, TIBCO, Informatica, Notebooks
- Experienced with one of the messaging frameworks like TIBCO EMS, Kafka, Google Pub-Sub, IBM MQ, etc.
- Strong understanding of SQL and data modeling
- Understanding of Linux, Amazon Web Services (or other cloud platforms), Python, Docker, and Kubernetes
- Experienced with common software engineering tools (e.g., Git, JIRA, Confluence, or similar)
- A proven understanding and application of computer science fundamentals: data structures, algorithms, design patterns, and data modeling
What Are The Perks?
A robust Benefits plan with coverage starting Day One
Dental, vision, life, and other insurance plans; flexible spending accounts; short term / long term disability coverage
Partner Care Team, for any time you have healthcare or coverage questions
Telehealth offers 24/7 access to board-certified doctors by phone
Partner Guidance allows free counselor visits
Funeral leave, jury duty, and military pay (subject to applicable law)
Maternal / paternal leave for new parents, including adoptions
10% off H-E-B brand products in-store and online
Eligibility to participate in 401(k)
Opportunity to become a "Partner-Owner" after 12 months
Who We Are
H-E-B is one of the largest, independently owned food retailers in the nation, operating over 400 stores throughout Texas and Mexico, with annual sales generating over $25 billion
We hire talented people (109,000+ Partners), and give them autonomy to be creative in how they impact the business
We're a Partner-driven company with a Bold Promise - Because People Matter
We embrace Diversity and Inclusion as core values, and support them with thriving company-wide programs
We're a truly original Texas-based company that created the Spirit of Giving to help Texas communities every day
Once eligible, our Partners become Owners in the company. "Partner-owned" means our most important resources-People-drive the innovation, growth, and success that make H-E-B The Greatest Retailing Company
Hiring in Dallas, Austin, & San Antonio locations!
Our digital team is excited to share our growth in the Dallas area! The open roles for Data Solutions are currently only available in Dallas. Relocation packages are available.