Sr. Software Engineer, Data Platform (Remote) at GoDaddy
This position is not eligible to be performed in Alaska, Colorado, Mississippi, North Dakota, or the Virgin Islands.
What you'll get to do...
GoDaddy is looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join our Data Platform team. Our vision is to empower GoDaddy to leverage data to drive better customer and business outcomes. As a Senior Software Engineer, you will help design and build self-service components of our Data Platform that enable teams across the company to leverage data in their applications. Some example applications that integrate with our Data Platform include our machine learning and experimentation platforms, analytics systems, and personalized user experiences that help our customers start and grow their businesses online. If you’re interested in working on a new Data Platform leveraging cutting edge technologies, and empowering teams to bring the power of data to our customers’ fingertips then this position is for you!
- Work in an agile development environment, constantly shipping and iterating.
- Partner with teams across the company on applications that require Data Platform innovation for their data processing needs.
- Implement intuitive, self-service, scalable, highly-reliable capabilities in our Data Platform that harnesses GoDaddy’s Data Mesh..
- Design and implement features, for both batch and real-time streaming systems, that materially impact GoDaddy customers and business.
- Contribute to technology working groups and internal open source.
Your experience should include...
- BS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or equivalent degree with excellent computer science fundamentals.
- 5+ years of software development experience on developing and shipping software.
- Proficiency in multiple modern programming languages (preferably Java/Python).
- Building highly available distributed systems leveraging cloud technologies.
- Experience with large scale data processing systems for both batch and streaming technologies (Hadoop, Spark, Kinesis, Flink).
- Working knowledge of cloud technologies (preferably AWS - S3, Glue, Lake Formation, EMR, Kinesis, KDA, MWAA, SQS, SNS, Lambdas).
- Track record of delivering great software with solid test infrastructure, CICD, monitoring and alerting.
- Using database technologies, like key-value stores or relational databases, to power platforms or user experiences.
- Building RESTful APIs.
We've got your back... Enjoy our many benefits (My Wallet), including paid time off, 401k, equity grants and parental leave. Join one of our employee resource groups (Culture). Continue to have a side hustle, if you have one (we love entrepreneurs, remember?). Most importantly, come as you are and make your own way.
About us... GoDaddy is empowering everyday entrepreneurs around the world by providing all of the help and tools to succeed online. GoDaddy is the place people come to name their idea, build a professional website, attract customers, sell their products and services, and manage their work. Our mission is to give our customers the tools, insights and the people to transform their ideas and personal initiative into success. To learn more about the company, visit About Us (https://aboutus.godaddy.net/about-us/overview/default.aspx.)
GoDaddy is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of age, race, color, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression (including against any individual that is transitioning, has transitioned, or is perceived to be transitioning), marital status or civil partnership/union status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, childbirth, genetic information, military and veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state or local law. GoDaddy will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with local and federal requirements.
If you need help completing an application for a position with GoDaddy, please reach out to our Recruiting Team at [email protected]
GoDaddy doesn’t accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies.