Quartet is a platform that makes it easier for people to get the best mental health care for them. Our technology and services reach people who need care, connect them to the right care, track the quality of their care, and support their care journeys. Backed by $160.5MM in venture funding from top investors like Oak HC/FT, GV (formerly Google Ventures), F-Prime Capital Partners, Polaris Partners, Deerfield Management, Centene Corporation, and Echo Health Ventures, Quartet partners with health insurance plans and health systems in 32 states across the country to help people get the care they need.
We are deeply committed to growing a diverse team and an equitable and inclusive culture where all Quartetians are empowered to be themselves and do their best work. We know this is vital in realizing our mission to improve the lives of people with mental health conditions. As part of our commitment to building a diverse team, we have signed the Parity Pledge and actively encourage applicants of all backgrounds to apply.
About the team & Opportunity:
Quartet is looking for a Senior Data Engineer to architect and enhance our data pipelines and data products. The ideal candidate can architect data analytics systems from the ground up, leading our Data Platform team in best-in-class data engineering frameworks.
Our Senior Data Engineer is a cross-cutting role that involves handling both complex business problems and complex technology: our incoming data sources are crucial to guiding correct clinical decisions and creating a stellar product. You will build and scale systems that ingest, standardize, and enrich external healthcare data sources. You will also build the systems to automate and optimize processes across the data organization.
Working with analysts, data scientists, clinicians, and product managers, you will collaborate across the company on our shared mission.
- Mentor junior engineers and work as a leader of an agile scrum team
- Develop robust and production level code to implement new data products and features in collaboration with other engineers and subject matter experts
- Architect data analytics systems from the ground up
- Troubleshoot problems and improve product quality
- Take ownership of the code and build high quality software
- 5+ years in a data engineering role, preferably at a senior level
- Strong proficiency with Python and PySpark
- Experience with AWS S3, EC2, EMR, and Redshift
- Recent experience building distributed computing and orchestration frameworks; we use Apache Spark and Airflow
- Experience writing and productionizing complex data transformations in SQL and related frameworks
- Strong oral and written communication, including experience writing detailed design proposals
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or equivalent experience
- Experience in ML engineering
- Experience with data analytics tools; we use dbt and Looker.
- Knowledge of health systems and technologies, especially involving healthcare claims data
Employee Benefits for Quartet include: Unlimited vacation, volunteer opportunities, catered lunches, snacks, team events and outings, mental healthcare coverage of 15 free therapy sessions + unlimited copay reimbursements, medical, dental + vision coverage, generous parental leave, commuter benefits, 401K, stock option grants, gym benefits.
Want to know what Quartet life is like? Click here to meet our team.
Quartet is committed to building a diverse team and fostering an inclusive culture, and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We embrace and encourage our employees' differences in race, religion, color, national origin, gender, family status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, veteran status, disability, pregnancy, medical conditions, and other characteristics. Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Quartet does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Quartet will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Quartet.
Please note: Quartet interview requests and job offers only originate from quartethealth.com email addresses (e.g. [email protected]). Quartet will also never ask for bank information (e.g. account and routing number), social security numbers, passwords, or other sensitive information to be delivered via email. If you receive a scam email or wish to report a security issue involving Quartet, please notify us at: [email protected].
Have someone to refer? Email [email protected] to submit their details to us.