Abacus Insights is a mission-driven, rapid growth-stage technology company focused on transforming the healthcare payer industry, ultimately creating a more personalized patient experience, improving health outcomes, and lowering the overall cost of healthcare. Abacus Insights provides a flexible, efficient, and secure platform that organizes and exchanges healthcare data from various sources and formats, allowing our customers to uncover differentiated insights that address their clients' needs. Our employees know that they play an active role in keeping our customers' data safe and are responsible for ensuring that our comprehensive policies and practices are met.
With our deep expertise in cloud-enabled technologies and knowledge of the healthcare industry, we have built an innovative data integration and management platform that allows healthcare payers access to data that has been historically siloed and inaccessible. Through our platform, these health insurance payers can ingest and manage all the data they need to transform their business by supporting their analytical, operational, and financial needs.
Since our founding in 2017, Abacus has built a highly successful SaaS business, raising more than $53 Million by leading VC firms who have deep expertise in the healthcare and technology industries. We are solving problems of massive scale and complexity in an industry that is ready for disruption. We're growing quickly and would love for you to be a part of it!
About the role:
Our Connector Engineering team is looking to bring on an experienced Senior Data Engineer. If you are interested in being a guiding voice on a critical feature delivery team, this position is for you. The connector engineering team is responsible for delivering the data pipelines that ingest and process diverse sources of data. This includes building large batch processing and streaming systems. You will be exposed to every area of our platform and AWS services (Serverless – Lambda, DataBricks – Spark, EKS – Kubernetes, etc.) but even more so, you will help drive the evolution of the product and team as we continue to grow rapidly. We believe heavily in architecture evolution and you will bring your experience on best practices as we build out new components of the platform.
- Deliver core Connectors product features through the design and implementation of automated, resilient, and rapidly evolving ETL pipelines using Spark, Kubernetes, Airflow, and native AWS services.
- Become an expert in AWS and, in the future, other cloud service providers.
- Design infrastructure for greater scalability, availability, and reliability.
- Deploy our infrastructure with Terraform and Serverless.Push the envelope with respect to continuous integration and zero down time deploys.
- Drive the implementation of data management and governance procedures within the company.
- Work with secure systems in highly regulated environments; we process sensitive healthcare data.
- Help improve our SDLC process through proactive thinking, promoting best practices, and cross team collaboration.
What you bring to the Abacus Team:
- In-depth knowledge of the design and maintainability of “big data” data architectures, notably data lakes, columnar databases, batch processing (Spark), stream processing (Spark, Kafka) and message queuing.
- In-depth experience with AWS data services (EMR, Glue, Athena, Redshift, Kinesis, SQS, DynamoDB), serverless architectures (Lambda) and container orchestrators (Kubernetes).
- Experience building and shipping highly scalable and distributed systems on cloud platforms.
- Strong programming skills (Python, Java or other OOP languages)
- Discipline performing root cause analysis on internal and external data and processes to answer specific business questions and identify opportunities for improvement.
- Willingness to learn new things.
- Desire to contribute individually, with the ability both to self-direct work and to collaborate with others on the technology team.
- Familiarity with infrastructure automation using Terraform and Serverless.
- Comfort with uncertainty and a desire to be close to business problems.
- Experience with 3rd party Cloud Data Platforms (DataBricks, Snowflake)
- Healthcare Data Experience (Claims, Billing, Lab, Clinical Data)
Equal Opportunity Employer:
As a mission-led technology company that is helping to drive better healthcare outcomes, Abacus Insights believes that the best innovation and value we can bring to our customers comes from diverse ideas, thoughts, experiences, and perspectives. We are dedicated to building diverse teams, and as such provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment. As well as prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.