Sr. Business Intelligence Developer at CNA
This individual contributor role implements and maintains visualization dashboards, facilitates data integration, data quality and reports creation and maintenance for the full scope of analytics data across all disciplines. Demonstrates deep proficiency in data reporting, maintenance and data collection. Collaboration across business units and technology / data organizations to identify and integrate disparate data sources.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
Performs a combination of duties in accordance with departmental guidelines:
- Specialized expertise implementing and maintaining dashboards, developing and executing data mapping and transformation processes and requirements within and between applications and data sources; rationalizing and analyzing large amounts of data across business units. Designs testing methods and procedures as appropriate.
- Collaborates with management, technical staff and subject matter advisors to understand business issues, troubleshoot problems and develop and recommend cost-effective data solutions for data anomalies.
- Conducts data analysis, develops and executes requisite changes to implement approved requests, ensuring that new requirements comply with data policy and/or reporting needs. Crafts high level design of data solutions. Consults with relevant stakeholders to analyze dashboard usage and capabilities, identifies associated risks, resolves problems and recommends and/or executes resolutions. Tests changes prior to deployment into production environment as appropriate.
- Ensures data integrity by developing and executing necessary processes and controls around the flow of data. Performs data cleansing to ensure quality of data output.
- Utilizes technology to analyze data and/or metrics from applicable systems to review data processes, identify issues, determine actions to resolve or escalate problems that require data, system or process improvements.
- Conducts training and coaching of users on features and functions of dashboard and other related tools/reports.
- Leads data related research and root cause analysis activities, provides correction specifications, and escalates issues as appropriate.
- Works with technical and non-technical stakeholders on various analyses and research, and participates in and/or may lead special projects as appropriate.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
May perform additional duties as assigned.
Typically reports to Director or above
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities
- Deep analytical, integrative and problem-solving skills with proven ability to manipulate and analyze high-volume, high-dimensionality data from varied sources.
- Solid communication, interpersonal, influencing and presentation skills to work effectively among all levels of internal/external stakeholders.
- Strong ability to multitask in a fast-paced, dynamic work environment.
- Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively in a team environment.
- Skillful at learning new system applications/functions.
- Readily adapts to change.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor's degree in technology or related discipline, or equivalent work experience.
- Experience interviewing and collecting feedback on BI activities from senior level stakeholders (SVP / EVP).
- Typically a minimum of five to seven years of experience in data/statistical analysis, data architecture, data modeling and business intelligence.
- Two to five years of experience with BI reporting tools such as Looker, ThoughtSpot, PowerBI, Tableau.
- Minimum of five years of experience blending and analyzing multiple data sets, building reporting pipelines and dashboards and utilizing analysis and reporting/visualization tools preferred .