Sr. Business Analytics Associate at Hippo Insurance
Hippo is modernizing home insurance by putting customers at the center of everything we do. Using innovative technology and a data-driven approach, we strive to provide homeowners with the best policies, best value, and best customer service in the industry. And as if that wasn’t enough, it’s really just the beginning. Hippo’s true ambition lies in helping prevent people from experiencing problems with their homes, to begin with. Because, at the end of the day, the best home insurance policy is the one you never have to use.
About This Role
We’re hiring for a Sr. Business Analytics Associate to join our Business Development and Partnerships team in Palo Alto, CA.
In this role, you will be responsible for digging deep into data to uncover new opportunities for growth and optimization across individual partnerships as well as entire verticals including home builders, mortgage, and smart home.
- You possess strong analytical skills and are comfortable digging deep below the surface to uncover insights that will play a critical role in guiding our partnership growth.
- You are passionate about taking ownership, driving impact and solving problems. You are intellectually curious with a bias to action.
- You are able to take a nebulous business question, determine the right analytical approach, and independently execute an analysis to reach an answer. You know how to visualize and present data to convey the “so what.”
- You are detail oriented, flexible and have the ability to interact with and influence a diverse set of stakeholders.
- You have no ego. Believe in true partnership and collaboration throughout an organization.
- Ideate, build and maintain dashboards to track performance against KPIs.
- Conduct ad-hoc, deep-dive analysis to uncover opportunities for growth and optimization within specific partnerships and across partnership verticals.
- Collaborate cross-functionally to identify and prioritize analytical projects.
- 3+ years of experience in analytics, finance, banking, consulting or strategy.
- Strong knowledge of Excel and SQL. Experience building dashboards (Tableau is a plus).
- Excellent business judgment with the ability to create sound analytical frameworks to drive towards decisions.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, finance, engineering or a quantitative field required.
Compensation and Perks
- Healthy Hippos Benefits- 100% Employer paid medical, dental & vision plan options for our team members AND their families (yes, you read that correctly). As well as 401K, long & short term disability, EAP and flexible spending accounts.
- Flexible Paid Time Off- Uncapped PTO (with manager approval)
- Little Hippos Program- We reimburse our team members up to $25k for adoption costs and up to $50k for infertility treatments. Plus, we offer 12 weeks parental leave for primary caregivers and 6 weeks for secondary caregivers.
- Hippo Habitat- Fun offices located in downtown Palo Alto, less than a 5 minute walk from Caltrain. We also offer commuter benefits including free parking pass. Stocked kitchen and BBQ Friday’s for all!
Hippo is an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to building a team culture that celebrates diversity and inclusion.
Hippo’s applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to an applicant’s disability or need for accommodation. Any Hippo applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Hippo’s People Team to make the need for an accommodation known.