Software Engineer, Machine Learning Platform at Mercari US (Remote)
Mercari is your Marketplace. We make it super easy to sell (or buy) almost anything. We all have things we don't use, never used or simply outgrew. But that stuff still has value. Mercari gives you the power to simply sell it, ship it, and earn some cash for it. Fashion to toys. Sporting goods to electronics. All the brands you know and love. Our mission is simple: to make selling easier than buying. And with 50M+ downloads in the U.S. and 350k new listings every day, we're just getting started.
The Machine Learning Platform team at Mercari provides tools and platforms for machine learning projects from the model exploration phase, continuous training, and monitoring phases. In this role, you will be working on some of the core areas that drive unique and delightful experiences for our users and enable them to find what they need, when they need it. To learn more about what we are doing, please check out our recent blog about ML Platform at Mercari.
What you will be doing
- Develop and manage a platform to run parallel hyperparameter tuning jobs for efficient model exploration and to train models continuously on top of Kubernetes
- Provide tools and frameworks to deploy a machine learning model as a microservice
- Build abstractions and workflows to automate the manual operations regarding machine learning projects
- Collaborate with Machine Learning engineers who use the platform and help them make impactful features by improving the platform
What you’ll need:
- B.S., M.S., or PhD. in Computer Science or equivalent
- Strong knowledge and experience in Python
- Experience with open-source machine learning projects such as TensorFlow, PyTorch or XGBoost
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- 3+ years of software engineering experience
- Experience working on end-to-end development of backend systems
- Experience working with Kubernetes, Docker, or other forms of containerized infrastructure
- Experience designing a system architecture to serve a machine learning model at scale
- Familiarity with cloud-based environments such as Google Cloud Platform, Amazon Web Services
- Passionate about applying software engineering best practices to Machine Learning
Small enough to make an impact, but established enough to provide the stability you need to be successful, Mercari is the best of both worlds. At Mercari you are encouraged to take risks. And when you do, you can do it confidently, knowing you have a team and a company that supports you.
As we grow, your career opportunities with Mercari grow. As our teams expand, your responsibilities expand. Our teams are supported with access to new tools, technologies, and learning opportunities. We will never stop growing.
- Flexibility: Work remote from anywhere in the US and receive flexible time off
- Wellbeing: Top-notch insurance plans, best-in-class new parent offerings and access to mind and body wellness apps
- Growth: As we grow, your career opportunities grow, we provide access to new tools, technologies and learning opportunities
- Comprehensive and total rewards: We provide a strong financial foundation and rewards that go beyond the paycheck
- Teamwork: We are each other's biggest fans- we celebrate from virtual coffee breaks to recognition programs
- Additional Information (Colorado only*) Minimum salary of $123,400 + equity + benefits. Information about our benefits can be found here: https://www.mercari.com/careers/ *Note: Disclosure as required by sb19-085 (8-5-20) of the minimum salary compensation for this role when being hired into a location in Colorado.
Mercari is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer
Mercari prides itself on the diversity of its workforce. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, national origin, race, religion, marital status, veteran status, disability status, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other class protected by applicable law.