Software Engineer I, Data Platforms at The Walt Disney Company
- Build cool things – Build software across our entire cutting-edge data platform, including data processing, storage, and serving large-scale web APIs, with awesome cutting-edge technologies. We operate in real-time with high-availability.
- Innovate and inspire – Think of new ways to help make our data platform more scalable, resilient and reliable and then work across our team to put your ideas into action.
- Have pride – Ensure performance isn’t our weakness by implementing and refining robust data processing, REST services, RPC (in an out of HTTP), and caching technologies.
- Grow with us – Help us stay ahead of the curve by working closely with data architects, stream processing specialists, API developers, our DevOps team, and analysts to design systems which can scale elastically in ways which make other groups jealous.
Basic Qualifications :
- Proficient in at least one of the following programming languages: Scala, Python, Java
- Data and API experience –You are handy with big data framework such as Hadoop & Apache Spark, No-SQL systems such as Cassandra or DynamoDB, Streaming technologies such as Apache Kafka; Understand reactive programming and dependency injection such as Spring to develop REST services
- Have a technology toolbox – Hands on experience with newer technologies relevant to the data space such as Spark, Kafka, Druid (or any other OLAP databases). You’ll have plenty of experience with developing in a cloud native environment with many different technologies
- Problem solver – Enjoy new and meaningful technology or business challenges which require you to think and respond quickly
- Passion and creativity – Are passionate about data, technology, & creative innovation
- Affinity for sports, entertainment or streaming
- Prior experience building internet scale platforms – handling terabyte+ scale data, operationalizing clusters with hundreds of compute nodes in a cloud environment
- Experience with technologies such as Kubernetes, Kafka, Spark, Airflow, AWS
- It would be awesome if you have a robust portfolio on Github and / or open source contributions you are proud to share
Required Education :
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related technical discipline or its equivalent