Next Insurance is a fast-growing startup based in Silicon Valley that is led by a team of experienced entrepreneurs with a history of successful outcomes. Our mission is to transform insurance for small businesses by combining world-class technology and phenomenal customer service to offer better insurance at a lower price. As the leading digital insurtech company transforming small business insurance, we just announced a $250 million new funding round, bringing the company’s valuation to $4 billion and total funding raised to more than $880 million!
Next Insurance is looking for explorers who are filled with curiosity, have the desire to travel the unbeaten path, and realize new heights in providing small business owners with the peace of mind to run their businesses. If you move fast, and are customer-focused and willing to challenge the status quo, Next Insurance might just be your next journey.
We believe that putting the customer in the center of what you do is what accelerates our competitive advantage. We are building a research function at Next that combines insights and UX research to instill customer-centricity into the corporate DNA. We are lean, we are nimble, and we are a powerful voice for impacting the products we build, the digital experience we provide, and the voice we have in our advertising and marketing.
We are looking for a hands-on researcher who can work with product and marketing teams to instill consumer perspective into strategy and tactics. You are definitely an experienced researcher with a mixed method background. You excel at qualitative research, and you are a bit of a data geek. You are able to partner with all areas of the company including brand, marketing and product teams to bring the customer to life and help teams meet their goals. Whether it’s a product, a website experience, or an advertising campaign, you know how to bring the customer’s voice into the process.
This is an opportunity to help build a research department from the ground up and scale it in an awesome start-up in hyper-growth mode. Come join our team!
What You’ll Do:
- From early-stage ethnography and contextual inquiry to in-depth interviews, surveys, and usability studies, you'll design and conduct research that make a recognized contribution to the company.
- Partner with Marketing, Design, Product, Data science, Engineering and other key stakeholders to lead the process of problem framing to identify research topics and questions of interest that are relevant to the business.
- Recruit participants, manage participant incentives, organize data collected from studies, and drive insight sessions with the project team. Create and maintain complete, clear project plans for projects of moderate to large scope and complexity, keeping partners updated about schedules and deliverables.
- Spearheads rigorous prioritization process, alongside senior level leaders, and ensuring that UXR commitments are aligned to the most appropriate initiatives.
- Evangelize research insights to a broad section of the company, including senior leadership, becoming the go-to expert for questions on user behavior in your program areas.
What We Need:
- 3+ years' experience as a researcher, designing, running, and reporting on your own studies.
- Mastery of qualitative and quantitative research methodologies.
- Experience conducting 1:1 IDIs, in-person interviews, focus groups, ethnography. Excellent skills in writing surveys and experience using tools such as Surveymonkey, Qualtrics, etc. Vendor management experience a plus.
- Ability to draw meaningful insights from research and communicate them clearly and powerfully to stakeholders. Ability to synthesize research into digestible presentations and deliver them and invite discussion.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities, stakeholders and align with the company goals.
- You work hard, you work smart, but you also work with kindness and respect. We are a company of high achieving individuals with lofty goals who value teamwork and collaboration and know we are at the top of our game when we truly care about each other.
One of our core values is 'Play as a Team'; this means making sure everyone has an equal chance to participate and make a difference. We win by playing together. Next Insurance is an equal opportunity employer and prioritizes building a diverse and inclusive workplace. We provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants of any type and do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state, and local laws. Next's policy is to comply with all applicable laws related to nondiscrimination and equal opportunity and will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.