The Senior Reinsurance Analyst full-time position is part of Corporate Reinsurance, CNA's reinsurance operations group. The group leads CNA's reinsurance placements, payments and collections, and risk mitigation through meaningful internal and external communication.
The Security and Treaty Validation Team supports most aspects of the reinsurance life cycle. This individual will perform various responsibilities in a team-oriented environment to support areas of risk management, contract placements, processing, and underwriting.
This is a highly visible role, interacting with key leaders across the organization. This would be an opportunity to collaborate with internal and external business partners, such as Accounting, Underwriting, Data Management, Reinsurers, and Brokers. This individual will also have the ability to utilize new technologies to continually enhance and improve processes.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Develops financial analysis reports in order to review markets based on internal risk guidance to support active reinsurance placements.
- Models Bad Debt across CNA's domestic and international affiliates based on current market risk portfolio while working closely with US, Canada, and UK reinsurance operations.
- Pursues recovery of balances on reinsurance accounts by working with brokers, reinsureds, and reinsurers. Liaison with the collections unit to identify and resolve complex settlement issues.
- Maintains the market security file and monitors aging of outstanding assumed and ceded balances.
- Coordinates with business units and corporate finance areas in the preparation of statutory schedules such as Schedule F and ensures compliance with SOX requirements.
- Participates in special projects and multi-departmental teams.
May perform additional duties as assigned.
Reports directly to Manager
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities
- Knowledge of reinsurance principles, practices and procedures, products and services
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills to work effectively with internal and external clients at all levels.
- Sound decision-making and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to negotiate and influence business partners.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and other business related software.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor's degree in finance or accounting, or related disciplines.
- Typically a minimum of two years of work experience with a financial emphasis.
- Related insurance/reinsurance industry experience is a plus.