Senior Database Engineer at BlackLine (Remote)
- Participate in cross-functional teams and build relationships across the organization.
- Build high-performance, massively-scalable, always-available Cloud-based systems.
- Ensure data integrity and quality in database systems.
- Maintain standard policies for database development activities.
- Provide database solutions based on technical documents and business requirements.
- Provide technical assistance to resolve all database issues related to performance, capacity and access.
- Analyze issues holistically, from the application tier through the database, down to the storage.
- Database Engineer will ensure that all deadlines are met and that quality is of the highest level throughout the Software Development Life Cycle.
- 5 + years experience SQL 2008, 2012, 2014, 2017
- 3 or more years working in high-transaction environments is required
- Advanced working knowledge of different index types and how they are used: columnstore, full-text, filtered, indexes with include columns
- Advanced Execution Plan understanding
- SSIS/SSRS experience is a strong plus
- Experience with performance tuning and optimization, using native monitoring and troubleshooting tools and techniques, including complex queries as well as procedure and indexing strategies
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Adaptable team-player with a focus on results and value delivery
- Able to organize and plan work independently
- Lead various technology POCs
- Advance understanding of OLTP vs OLAP environments
- Working knowledge of relational database internals (locking, consistency, serialization, recovery paths)
- NoSQL is a plus
- Azure, GCP or AWS are a plus
- MCTS, MCITP, and/or MVP certifications are a plus