Quartet is a leading tech-enabled behavioral health company that works with health plans, systems, and provider groups to deliver speed to quality behavioral health care for all. Through sophisticated data and analytics, along with personalized services, Quartet exists to advance quality care as defined by four measures: speed to care, seamless patient experiences, improved health outcomes, and affordability. The company is backed by venture funding from top investors including Oak HC/FT, GV (formerly Google Ventures), F-Prime Capital Partners, Polaris Partners, Deerfield Management, Echo Health Ventures, Centene Corporation, and Independence Health Group.
We are deeply committed to growing a diverse team and an equitable and inclusive culture where all Quartetians are empowered to be themselves and do their best work. We know this is vital in realizing our mission to improve the lives of people with mental health conditions. As part of our commitment to building a diverse team, we have signed the Parity Pledge and actively encourage applicants of all backgrounds to apply.
About the team & opportunity:
As a Senior Data Scientist at Quartet, you will work on a range of projects -- from developing statistical analyses to study impact of Quartet interventions; to predicting mental health needs among populations; to building machine learning models to suggest timely and appropriate behavioral health care interventions for patients.
You will own the process and methodology for evaluating Quartet's total impact and assist with the design and implementation of Quartet’s algorithm for identifying patients with unmet mental health needs. By leveraging knowledge of computer science, machine learning, data mining and software architecture, you’ll work to build high-quality data products (for example: an entity resolution and de-duplication library; a Machine Learning application; NLP algorithms for understanding patient needs).
This will involve designing and developing effective models, features, and algorithms involving multiple datasets (i.e. user activity, Electronic Health Records, healthcare claims, demographic matching etc.) while collaborating effectively within the Data Science team, as well as cross-functional groups at Quartet.
- Research and develop machine-learning and statistical models in Quartet Health’s platform to identify patients with unmet mental health needs who would benefit from Quartet’s products and services.
- Design, develop and own data pipelines for patient identification and program evaluation.
- Work with data scientists on Quartet’s evaluation team to design metrics and performance evaluations for both the patient identification algorithm and Quartet’s other core service offerings.
- Drive a data-informed process for experimenting with new products to improve patient outcomes and operational efficiency.
- Perform Machine Learning (ML) research and exploratory data analysis; develop model evaluation and online maintenance methodologies, including confidence estimation, calibration, and concept drift.
- Develop general-purpose frameworks to support machine learning applications in production.
- A Master's degree in computer science, engineering or statistics (or other technical field) and 3+ years experience working as a data scientist.
- Formal training in statistics
- Knowledge of mathematical fundamentals: probability theory, linear algebra and statistics.
- Comfort/self-sufficiency with causal inference methodologies, including matching techniques (propensity score matching, coarsened exact matching, etc.)
- Strong data transformation and extraction skills with SQL databases.
- Strong statistical programming skills in both Python and R.
- Comfort/self-sufficiency with the following: Amazon Web Services (AWS) infrastructure, Docker, UNIX command line, git for version control.
- Ability to work on projects from initial to final phase- beginning by defining a problem, developing an implementation plan, and overseeing deployment and maintenance.
- Ability to clearly communicate across disciplines and work collaboratively.
- A PhD in a technical discipline (i.e. Computer Science, Engineering, Statistics, Economics)
- Background in Machine Learning (ML) engineering
- Experience working within a healthcare technology environment
Employee Benefits for Quartet include: Unlimited vacation, volunteer opportunities, team events, mental healthcare coverage of 15 free therapy sessions + unlimited copay reimbursements, medical, dental + vision coverage, generous parental and military leave, commuter benefits, 401K, and stock option grants.
Want to know what Quartet life is like? Click here to meet our team.
Quartet actively encourages applicants of all backgrounds to apply and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or family status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, pregnancy or caregiver status, veteran status, or any other legally protected status. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform essential job duties - reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions. If you require assistance in completing this application, interviewing, or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please direct your inquiries to [email protected]
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Quartet does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Quartet will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Quartet.
Have someone to refer? Email [email protected] to submit their details to us.