Founded in 2014, Opendoor’s mission is to empower everyone with the freedom to move. We believe the traditional real estate process is broken and our goal is simple: build a digital, end-to-end customer experience that makes buying and selling a home simple, certain and fast. We have assembled a dedicated team with diverse backgrounds to support more than 100,000 homes bought and sold with us and the customers who have selected Opendoor as a trusted partner in handling one of their largest financial transactions. But the work is far from over as we continue to grow in new markets. Transforming the real estate industry takes tenacity and dedication. It takes problem solvers and builders. It takes a tight knit community of teammates doing the best work of their lives, pushing one another to transform a complicated process into a simple one. So where do you fit in? Whether you’re passionate about real estate, people, numbers, words, code, or strategy -- we have a place for you. Real estate is broken. Come help us fix it.
About the Team
A Senior Data Scientist focusing on marketing optimization will partner with Marketing, Product, Engineering, and Operation teams to drive the business forward with data. They will set up data and measurement strategies to understand the effectiveness of our marketing strategies. They will also understand marketing effectiveness through experimentation and causal inference, while building machine learning/optimization models to optimize our channel mix and targeting strategies.
- Design the next generation intelligent systems to improve our marketing strategies for real estate customers
- Build models and policies to help marketing operations and marketing technology teams to achieve their business objectives
- Design experiments and conduct causal inference to determine the effects of our marketing investment decisions
- Become a domain expert in real estate
- Expertise in statistical inference and machine learning modeling
- Proficiency in working with complex and fast-evolving data sets
- Experience in experimental design and strong product sense
- Strong written and verbal communication skills to influence non-technical audiences with analytical insights
- 5+ years of industry experience post academia with an advanced degree in a quantitative field
- Proficiency in numeric programming (Python and/or R) as well as SQL or any other database languages
Bonus points if
- Familiarity with state-of-art marketing optimization solutions
- Knowledge of vendors in the marketing science space
- Optimization under uncertainty and risk management
For CO Residents Only, and in accordance with C.R.S. Sec. 8-5-101 et seq., the estimated base salary range for this role is $132,000-$171,000 per year. The estimated range is meant to reflect an anticipated salary range for the position in question based upon market data and other factors, all of which are subject to change. Individual pay is based upon location, skills and expertise, experience, and other relevant factors. For questions about this, our pay philosophy, and other available benefits, please speak to the recruiter if you decide to apply for the role and are selected for an interview.
More About Us
To learn how we are reinventing the Real Estate industry check out our website, to hear about our culture directly from team members visit The Muse and to discover what we are building for our customers read our blog posts.
We Offer the Following Benefits and Perks
• Full medical, dental, and vision with optional 85% coverage for dependents
• Flexible vacation policy
• Generous parental leave
• Paid time off to volunteer
Please note that these benefits and perks are available only to Full Time team members and do not apply to contract roles.
Opendoor Values Openness
Read Full Job Description