Founded in 2014, Opendoor’s mission is to empower everyone with the freedom to move. We believe the traditional real estate process is broken and our goal is simple: build a digital, end-to-end customer experience that makes buying and selling a home simple, certain and fast. We have assembled a dedicated team with diverse backgrounds to support more than 100,000 homes bought and sold with us and the customers who have selected Opendoor as a trusted partner in handling one of their largest financial transactions. But the work is far from over as we continue to grow in new markets. Transforming the real estate industry takes tenacity and dedication. It takes problem solvers and builders. It takes a tight knit community of teammates doing the best work of their lives, pushing one another to transform a complicated process into a simple one. So where do you fit in? Whether you’re passionate about real estate, people, numbers, words, code, or strategy -- we have a place for you. Real estate is broken. Come help us fix it.
About the Role:
As a senior data scientist at Opendoor, you will partner with Product, Engineering, and Operations to drive the business forward with data. You’ll set up data and measurement strategies to understand the state of our products and operations, understand if any new initiative achieves positive impacts through experimentation and causal inference, and build machine learning and optimization models.
As a Senior Data Scientist, you will:
- Define the data strategy, including creating metrics with existing systems to understand our products and policies, and designing the next generation intelligent systems to improve our real estate pricing and operations practices
- Build models and policies to help teams achieve their business objectives
- Design experiments and conduct causal inference to determine effect of our initiatives
- Become a domain expert in real estate
We’re looking for teammates who have:
- Expertise in statistical inference and machine learning modeling
- Proficiency working with complex and fast evolving data sets
- Experience in product analytics and experimental design
- Strong written and verbal communication skills to influence non-technical audiences with analytical insights
- 5+ years of industry experience with advanced degree in a quantitative field
- Proficiency in SQL or any other database languages and numeric programming in Python, R or other languages
Bonus points if you have experience in the below areas:
- Fraud or incident detection
- Working with hardware and sensor data
- Time series analysis and forecasting
- Optimization under uncertainty and risk management
More About Us:
Want to learn more about us and how we are revolutionizing the home buying and selling process? Learn more about us on our website, check out our profile on The Muse to learn more about our culture from our team members, or read our blog posts to hear about the work we are doing.
We Offer the Following Benefits and Perks:
- Full medical, dental, and vision with optional 70% coverage for dependents
- Flexible vacation policy
- Generous parental leave
- Paid time off to volunteer
Please note that these benefits and perks are available only to Full Time team members and do not apply to contract roles.
Opendoor Values Openness:
Read Full Job Description