Senior Data Engineer - REMOTE CONTRACT at Linus Health
We are a human-centered digital health company that seeks to radically improve brain health outcomes by leveraging cutting-edge technology and machine learning to unlock precision brain health for as many people as possible. While we are steadfastly focused on individuals’ brain health, we believe that meaningful outcomes can only be achieved within an ecosystem of care that actively includes and engages physicians, professionals and caregivers. We are a team of 50+(and rapidly growing!), embarking on an exciting period of accelerated growth. We invite collaborative, self-driven and impact-oriented professionals to join our dynamic and fast-growing team.
Does this sound like an innovative & disruptive start-up where you could see yourself? Do the following values resonate with you?
Be A Team
Be Masters of Our Craft
Think Big and Act Bold
If so, please continue reading...
Please note that while we are ideally looking to find this person in one of our hubs, we are open to remote within the US for this position. Also, we are not able to provide sponsorship for this role now or in the future and we are not able to do corp to corp either.
This will be a 3-6 month open ended contract with the potential to go FT down the road.
What You’ll Do:
- Collaborate to elicit, architect, document, and implement data engineering routines from raw storage to normalization to aggregation
- Work with data scientists to create data transformations for analytics
- Design for key issues like access management, cataloging, versioning, logging, and auditing as well as infrastructure necessary to support analytics use cases
- Design, document, and enforce policies as well as technical configurations regarding legal compliance and data governance in handling customer data including PII and PHI
- BS degree
- 3+ years of relevant professional experience in a Data Engineering role or similar
- Experience in data modeling and schema design
- Effective command of query design and optimization
- Experience using multiple cloud databases and services with a focus on AWS offerings such as s3, emr, rds, aurora, dynamodb, elasticache, neptune, kinesis, etc.
- Experience designing and automating ETL workflows using AWS services such as data pipelines, glue, and airflow
- Knowledge of different types of databases and when to use which (e.g. relational, document, key/value) as well as experience with particular implementations such as mysql, redis, cassandra, etc.
- Data modeling & SQL experience
- Distributed computing experience
Nice To Haves:
- Experience with health data specifications such as HL7 and FHIR and health code sets such as SNOMED, ICD-10, LOINC, and CPT
- Experience working in a regulated industry and meeting compliance requirements (e.g. SOC2, HIPAA, FDA, etc)
- Experience integrating with EMRs such as Epic or Cerner
- Familiarity with Amazon HealthLake
Linus Health is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, age, genetic information, disability or any characteristic protected by law. We believe that diversity is critical to the growth of our company and understand the importance of fostering an environment where everyone has a voice. We are also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities during the recruiting process. If you are in need of assistance due to a disability, please contact us.