Senior Data Analyst, Product & Engineering at Fivetran
From Fivetran’s founding until now, our mission has remained the same: to make access to data as simple and reliable as electricity. With Fivetran, customer data arrives in their warehouses, canonical and ready to query, with no engineering or maintenance required. We’re proud that more organizations continue to leverage our technology every day to become truly data-driven.
We’re honored to be valued at over $5.6 billion, but more importantly, we’re proud of our core values of 1 Team, 1 Dream, Get Stuck in, and Do the right thing. To learn more about Fivetran’s culture, watch this video. You can also learn more about why Fivetran Analytics is the best place to work for data talents in this video here.
About the role:
You will be part of the Analytics team at Fivetran, a leader at the forefront of modern analytics. We leverage the most innovative data stack and define industry best-practices to provide data-driven insights to build the next generation of data pipelines. What is unique about being an analyst at Fivetran is that you get to work as a “full-stack” analyst, covering responsibilities from analytics engineering / data modeling to dashboarding, ad-hoc data analysis, stakeholder engagement, and more.
As a Senior Data Analyst at Fivetran, you will:
- Own the development and maintenance of re-usable data models and dashboards that run on top of Fivetran's standardized schemas. We use a modern data stack of Fivetran, dbt, BigQuery, Looker, and Sigma.
- Work with business stakeholders to perform problem discovery and ad-hoc analysis to drive insights.
- Proactively engage in the definition and measurement of KPIs that will drive the company to success.
- Assist in training new hires, colleagues, partners, and our fan club on the workings of Fivetran’s data and what it means to have a data-driven culture.
- Become a leading voice in the data analytics community.
What you bring to the table:
- Passion for data and analytics
- Advanced SQL
- Advanced logical and analytical abilities to help solve problems and derive insights from data
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and ability to effectively collaborate with cross-functional stakeholders
- Resourceful, self-motivated, and able to successfully complete multiple competing projects under tight deadlines
- Demonstrated experience using a data visualization tool such as Looker or Tableau to visualize and model raw data sets
- Strong prioritization and organizational skills with attention to detail
- Experience using dbt or other data transformation tools
- Python experience
Perks and Benefits:
- 100% paid Medical, Dental, Vision and Basic Life Insurance. Benefits begin on your first day!
- Option of Health Savings Account (HSA) or Flexible Savings Account (FSA)
- Generous paid time off (PTO) plus paid sick time, holidays, parental leave, and volunteer days off
- 401k match program
- Eligible donation match program
- Monthly cell phone stipend
- Work-from-home equipment reimbursement for your home office setup!
- Professional development and training opportunities
- Company virtual happy hours and fun team building activities
- Pet Insurance -- and yes, you can bring your well-behaved fur babies to work
- Commuter benefits to help with transit and parking costs
We’re honored to be valued at over $5.6 billion, but more importantly, we’re proud of our core values of Get Stuck In, Do the Right Thing, and One Team, One Dream. To learn more about Fivetran’s culture and what it’s like to be part of the team, click here and enjoy our video.