Senior Business Intelligence Engineer at Chewy
Chewy is seeking an outstanding Senior Business Intelligence Engineer to support the creation of scalable, maintainable, and reliable high-visibility reporting tools for our business. Chewy has a culture of data-driven decision-making and demands business intelligence that is timely, accurate, and actionable. Ensuring that our tools provide not only access to data, but more importantly, insights, this role will have to think beyond simply what’s asked for, and instead provide what’s needed. Creativity and critical thinking, an intuition for displaying data in insightful ways, and the ability to deeply learn the business, will make a candidate successful. The SEO team operates in a fast-paced environment where every day brings new challenges and new opportunities. This role will drive analytics tooling, tracking and measurement for SEO, while working closely with AdTech product, engineers, and data scientists to build best in class, proprietary data solutions to bring our SEO analytics and insights to a new level.
What you'll do:
- Own the design, development, and maintenance of ongoing metrics, reports, analyses, dashboards, etc. to drive key business decisions
- Build and evolve data visualizations capability to tell the story and let the data speak for itself while setting the direction for future reporting
- Serve as liaison between the Business and technical teams to achieve the goal of providing actionable insights into current business performance, and ad hoc investigations into future improvements or innovations
- Recognize and adopt best practices in reporting and analysis: data integrity, test design, analysis, validation, and documentation
- Root cause analysis (RCA) on problems to gain better understanding and provide appropriate steps to resolve
- Support senior leadership with timely recurring and ad-hoc analyses
- Continually improve ongoing reporting and analysis processes, automating or simplifying self-service support for secondary datasets
- Exhibit a strong sense of ownership, bias for action, and superior communication skills; be willing to roll up your sleeves to get the job done.
What you'll need:
- Master’s (preferred) or Bachelor’s degree or higher in a quantitative field such as Computer Science, Engineering, Math, Business Analytics, Finance, Economics, Statistics, or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years of relevant working experience in business intelligence, business analytics, or data science
- 3+ years of experience with Tableau or other relevant data visualization software
- Knowledge and direct experience using business intelligence reporting/visualization tools (Excel, Tableau, Knime etc.)
- Understanding of different database technologies (i.e., Vertica, SQL Server, Snowflake etc.).
- 3+ years of experience writing and tuning SQL queries
- 3+ years of experience with Python or R
- Excellent analytical skills with demonstrated experience turning data into actionable insights.
- Passionate about building functional and engaging customer experiences.
- Ability to multi-task and work well within a dynamic, fast-paced and rapidly changing organization
- Strong interpersonal skills and a positive, people-oriented attitude.
- Superior attention to details and ability to learning quickly
- Self-motivated, high energy, proactive and demonstrates problem solving skills
- Position may require travel
- Experience with Google Analytics & Google Tag Manager
- Natural Language Processing (NLP) experience
- Experience building forecasting models
If you have a disability under the Americans with Disabilities Act or similar law, or you require a religious accommodation, and you wish to discuss potential accommodations related to applying for employment at our company, please contact [email protected]
If you have a disability under the Americans with Disabilities Act or similar law, or you require a religious accommodation, and you wish to discuss potential accommodations related to applying for employment at Chewy, please contact [email protected]