We are dscout. At our core, we are People Nerds. We empower our customers to meet the people who matter to them in the moments that matter most. Customer-obsessed companies and agencies like Salesforce, Sonos, Groupon, and Best Buy use dscout to build better products and services because of people like you. We are building a smart and driven team, and we would love for you to join us.
We are looking for a Research Advisor to join our growing Customer Experience and Research (CXR) team. In this position, you will work collaboratively with Lead Researcher Advisors and dscout clients to design, recruit and field research projects. Our clients conduct research on a wide range of topics including: pet ownership, wearable fitness trackers, holiday shopping, and snack customization, just to name a few. What does that mean for you? Every day is different.
You will have a chance to make a real difference for dscout’s customers and continue your career in the world of research. You are an incredible communicator and a genuine, creative problem-solver. You’re the client’s partner in learning a new digital tool to execute powerful research. You collaborate with clients to develop research plans and identify methodologies that best meet their needs. Internally, you are our client’s champion in driving larger improvements to the platform and overall user experience. The Research Advisors position is among the most central to dscout’s operations, that means you’ll work with people from across the company on a regular basis, especially our product, engineering and sales teams. If this sounds like you, apply today!
What you will do (let’s call them Responsibilities):
- Act as a true dscout expert to train and educate clients on features and functionalities
- Consult with clients to provide specific recommendations for research design
- Assist in running research projects including planning, designing, recruiting, fielding and client engagement
- Assist in the creation of training and educational materials
- Assist with billing and other administrative processes for clients
- Provide support and guidance to research participants to ensure the information they share is helpful and that they enjoy participating
- Act as a customer advocate by sharing client feedback internally to continuously improve dscout’s product offerings
What you need to have (we can call them Desired Skills and Background):
- BA/BS in design research, psychology, anthropology, sociology, market research, or a related field (or equivalent work experience); MA/MS in these areas is also nice to have, but not required
- 1-4 years experience in consumer research, design research, client services, UX or related field
- Naturally able to strike a balance between friendly and professional in written communications
- Able to work both collaboratively and independently
- Flexible and eager to learn new things each and every day
- Hard-working and willing to go the extra mile for your teammates and our users
- Genuinely interested in research and technology: you're technically curious, you enjoy learning about new products, and you are fascinated about how things work
- Curious and empathetic to others’ needs and circumstances
- Highly organized, efficient and detail-oriented
We do our best to write realistic, accurate job descriptions, but we also recognize that great talent comes in many forms and from many backgrounds. Not sure if you meet all of the above bullets? Please apply anyway!
Note: As a result of COVID-19, the dscout team has decided to work remotely for the time being. However, we are now interviewing, hiring, and onboarding remotely for all open roles! While our office is temporarily open for teammates who feel comfortable coming in, no current or future employees will be required to come back into our office at this time.
What will you get?
Here at dscout, we are a team of passionate research, sales, technical, marketing, design, success, and operations professionals. We are driven by the power of research—how in-context insights from real people can build products and services that are more people-centric. We value learning, sharing, and building. We deeply value being a diverse and inclusive team and company, and we are looking for team members who align with that belief. We are proud of what dscout is today and we are excited to build our future with you.
In addition to joining a smart and passionate team, you will get:
- A strong compensation package with bonus structure. Your success is tied to company success. We are all in this together.
- An incredible set of core benefits as well as a 401k with match, solid PTO policy, and generous company holidays. We are committed to helping build your future.
- Exposure to the inner workings of a growing company. And open, transparent communication within our team. You will know what is happening and why it matters.
- An education stipend. Keep learning and sharpening your skills.
- A beautiful workspace along the Chicago Riverwalk, that is temporarily open for teammates who feel comfortable coming in and working from there. Read more about our new office space here!
dscout is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity. We do not discriminate based on identity- race, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, sex (including sexual identity), age, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, veteran or military status, unfavorable discharge from military service, genetic information, sexual orientation, marital status, order of protection status, citizenship status, arrest record or expunged or sealed convictions, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state, or local law.