Programmatic Yield Analyst - Ad Sales at Spectrum (Charlotte, NC)
New York, NY
Los Angeles, CA
Spectrum Reach is changing the face of digital marketing and advertising by taking an integrated approach to reach and engage targeted audiences across platforms and offerings using its unique portfolio of Advanced Advertising products and services. We are seeking a talented, passionate and experienced individual for our growing supply and yield practice in the role of Programmatic Yield Analyst.
The ideal candidate will have related experience within the TV, Streaming & Digital landscape (specifically media planning, inventory management, buy + sell-side media strategies, etc.), analytics, campaign management & yield management - with a particular focus on the programmatic ecosystem. This individual should be well-versed in digital media planning and buying practices, campaign optimizations, research and metrics and will work closely with internal and external stakeholders to achieve success. The job is an enterprise-impacting position and it will require the candidate to work across all Spectrum Reach markets and sales channels.
The Analyst will evaluate the configuration and performance of the programmatic ad stack against key indicators, continuously monitor yield across platforms and offer innovative recommendations to indirect partners and sales teams to accelerate performance. They will work closely with Ad Operations and Product teams to ensure effective partner integrations, as well as liaise with sales and external partner contacts to troubleshoot platform, ad quality and deal issues.
This person will play a key part in measuring and optimizing the overall health of our programmatic business, including analysis of revenue, supply and demand, bid win/loss rates, & pricing strategies on both the buy and sell-side. They will work cross-functionally with teams including Ad Operations, Sales, Finance and Product to provide excellent customer service in support of Spectrum Reach clients and revenue goals. The analyst will maintain an in-depth knowledge of the programmatic eco-system, keeping up to date with new ad tech functionality and understanding the potential opportunities presented by new tech developments. This person will also help define optimization standards, growth metrics and benchmarks across internal & external clients. This role reports to the Manager, Programmatic Yield.
- Have a deep understanding of Streaming TV space, and Spectrum Reach's full inventory environment and how it relates to programmatic monetization and acquisition
- Manage programmatic tech such as SSPs, DSPs and other ad tech partners
- Participate to identify, evaluate, and partner with strategic local & global programmatic platforms, such as SSPs, DSPs, ad networks, agency trading desks, viewability/fraud providers, and data companies
- Participate in testing phases of new partner integrations
- Execute deals and optimization strategies to drive highest yield possible from programmatic partners
- Build and analyze dashboards in excel and data visualization tools
- Work closely with Yield leadership, business development, ad ops and product teams on activation and execution of programmatic strategies
- Proactively communicate processes and results internally, making suggestions on best path forward.
Skills & Qualifications
- Bachelor's Degree from four-year College or University is preferred
- 1-2 years of successful experience within the digital video environment, with a focus on programmatic media selling/buying
- Deep experience in programmatic & RTB environments, working with SSPs/DSPs and other demand partners and in programmatic direct deals
- Ad tech background:
- Knowledge of technical aspects: connected TV & video common standards
- Knowledge of business aspects: ad tech ecosystem, yielding technologies, programmatic projects and products
- Firm understanding of campaign setup and trafficking within Freewheel's MRM
- Highly experienced using analytical tools - Excel
- Attention to detail and ownership of tasks, ability to work independently and collaboratively as part of a large organization
- Excellent people skills and group communication skills
- Excellent verbal and written business communications skills, be able to multi task, and be detailed oriented.