Profitability Analyst at Alliant Credit Union
Start a Rewarding Career with Alliant
What will your day look like?
You will be responsible for maintaining and improving the organization's profitability model (Syntellis/Axiom). This position will act as the technical expert for all aspects of profitability: cost allocations, interest income, funds transfer pricing, reconciliations. Success will require a broad knowledge and skill base: operational expense, cost allocation, database design, data control, comfortability with large data sets, reporting/analytics, and banking business acumen. Work involves maintaining and running the existing model, implementing improvements and efficiencies, improving the logic, and analyzing output to recommend business decisions. Capacity to communicate well verbally and orally is critical to the role. Direction is received from the Director of ALM and Profitability and the Senior Profitability Analyst.
Do you see yourself doing this?
- Run monthly production process to generate profitability reports. Process involves large data sets and requires attention to quality control
- Plan and manage complex allocation rules, load processes, and create reports
- Establish and maintain strong relationships across business units to drive engagement in maintaining allocation rules and ownership of results
- Proactively automate and simplify processes and reporting through standardization
- Maintain documentation of production processes
- Liaise with (end users) business units to explore new reporting and functionality to add value. Design and execute on those objectives.
- Design and make business presentations
- Continuously improve and construct new capabilities around performance metric analysis and reporting
- Provides information to management by assembling and summarizing data; preparing reports; present findings, analyses, and recommendations
- Design and deliver business presentations to senior business management
Adhere to and ensure compliance of all business transactions with policy and process of the Bank Secrecy Act. Ensures compliance with all applicable state and federal laws, company procedures and policies. Maintains integrity and ethics in all actions and conversations with or regarding credit union members and their accounts; complies with Privacy Act directives.
What makes you a great fit?
You’ll be a great fit if in addition to the completion of a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or a related financial field, required, and you have:
- Accounting, Finance or a related financial field
- 2-4 years work experience preferably within Finance/Accounting (either FP&A or ALM)
- Independent and curious learner. Enjoys unpacking complex concepts and processes
- Experience and comfortability with large data sets. Data control mindset
- Strong analytical abilities
- Good collaborator with solid judgment. Must gain consensus on decisions that often require buy-in across multiple stakeholders
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel, Powerpoint)
- Experience with Tableau and/or Axiom is a plus
- Ability to work effectively with all levels within the organization
When you’re happy, we’re happy!
As a thank you for joining our team, you’ll benefit from:
- Competitive medical, dental, and free vision benefits
- Competitive compensation plan
- Contributions towards gym memberships
- Generous PTO and banking holidays off