Don't just land a job. Launch your future.
Our all-in-one software platform gives HR pros a way to easily manage daily tasks in payroll, benefits, talent, and workforce management.
But what makes us different is that our technology is backed by a culture that cares. We care about our team members, clients, and partners - because people matter most. And people have always been at the heart of our business.
Since our founding in 1997, this is the thing that's stayed the same, from our employees to the millions of users nationwide that access our platform. We pride ourselves on partnering with our clients to build the workplace they and their employees crave.
Let's go forward together.
The Privacy Analyst contributes to the success of Paylocity's privacy program by identifying, assessing, and working to reduce privacy risks as part of a comprehensive and growing privacy program. Reporting to the Privacy Program Manager, this role will work closely with stakeholders from across the organization to champion consistent and effective data privacy practices, while minimizing privacy risk and ensuring the protection of personal information.
Reports To: Privacy Program Manager
- Work cross functionally to align programs to current privacy strategy, principles and practices
- Advise teams on data processing requirements, including data collection, data storage and other processing activities
- Partner with business leaders to provide necessary training and/or direction to team members on privacy issues
- Ensure organizational compliance with applicable privacy laws, regulations and best practices, including through the completion of privacy assessments
- Identify and drive privacy program improvements, including process and technology changes
- Prepare and maintain data maps, inventory and related activities for the organization
- Create and complete privacy impact assessments using OneTrust
- Work with the GRC team to ensure that vendors meet relevant privacy and data protection conditions
- Create and implement relevant privacy policies and procedures
- Investigate, resolve, document and report on incidents involving personal information
- At least 2 years of experience in the field of privacy, data governance or consulting with focus on data mapping, privacy incidents, data subject requests and other key privacy activities
- Experience using OneTrust is a plus
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in business, law, cybersecurity, information systems, privacy engineering, data science or related field of study
- One or more privacy certification preferred (CIPP/E, CIPP/US, CIPT or CIPM) or ability to complete a certification within first year of hire.
- Knowledge of global privacy and regulatory frameworks, such as GDPR, CCPA, GLBA, HIPAA, or other privacy laws and regulations
- Knowledge of different privacy frameworks, including GAPP and NIST
- Substantive understanding of data privacy, technology, and related terminology
- Strong communication skills, including the ability to communicate effectively with cross functional teams and build consensus among stakeholders
- Excellent work ethic, flexibility and ability to work independently
- Growth mindset - every new challenge is an opportunity to learn and grow
- Ability to quickly spot issues and appropriately prioritize risk and outcomes
- Extremely organized with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and drive projects to successful completion
- Works well in collaborative environment
- Passionate about privacy and technology
- Must be a strong team player (no job is too small or too large) and willing to take on additional responsibilities
Our journey forward.
Paylocity strives to create an organizational culture where every employee has a voice, feels truly welcome, appreciated, and free to be themselves, and is empowered and enabled to do their best work. A strong commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion is critical to creating such a culture.
We've made great strides to support diversity, equity, and inclusion. That being said, we realize there's still room for improvement. Our current focus is on the following initiatives:
• Education & Awareness
• Client Community
• Company Representation
• Advocacy & Support
• Fairness & Equality
• PCTY Gives
Want to learn more, click here to access our DEI flipbook. https://www.flipsnack.com/paylocitycom/diversity-equity-and-inclusion.html
This job description has been written to provide an accurate reflection of the current job and to include the general nature of work performed. It is not designed to contain a comprehensive detailed inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of the employees assigned to the job. Management reserves the right to revise the job or require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change.
Paylocity is an equal opportunity employer. We recruit, train, compensate, and promote regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, veteran status, and other protected status as required by applicable law. At Paylocity, we believe diversity makes us better.
We embrace and encourage our employees' differences in age, culture, ethnicity, family or marital status, gender identity or expression, language, national origin, physical and mental ability, political affiliation, race, religion or spiritual belief, sexual orientation, socio-economic status, veteran status, and other characteristics that make our employees unique. We actively cultivate these differences through our employee resource groups (ERGs), employee experiences, perspectives, talents, and approaches to drive innovation in the software and services we provide our customers.
This role can be performed from any office in the US. The pay range for this position in Colorado is $65,524 - $79,260/year; however, base pay offered may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. This position offers a comprehensive variable compensation package, in addition to a full range of benefits outlined here. This information is provided per the Colorado Equal Pay for Equal Work Act. Base pay information is based on market location. Applicants should apply via www.paylocity.com/careers.