MySQL Database Administrator (Remote Opportunity) at Apple Leisure Group (Milwaukee, WI)
At Apple Leisure Group we care for people so they can be their best. We deliver distinctive experiences for our guests, while providing a world of understanding and care. We strive to be the first choice in vacation travel, enriching lives and uniting the world.
Grow your career as a MySQL Database Administrator within Trisept Solutions, one of our 14 industry-leading brands. In this role, you will be responsible for providing operational database services to the organization. Some of the primary responsibilities of this role include owning, tracking and resolving database related incidents and requests, fulfilling requests and resolving incidents within Service Level Agreements (SLAs), responding to database related alerts and escalations and working with the rest of department to come up with strategic solutions to recurring problems.
A successful MySQL Database Administrator will be:
- Design, development, maintenance, and production support of relational databases
- Troubleshooting and resolving database problems, including backup and recovery.
- Establishing and maintaining communication with internal and external technology customers.
- Initiating and performing changes on development and production systems and proactively escalating any issues that cannot be resolved within the established time frames
- Performance Tuning and Optimization (PTO) and database consistency checks, using native and 3rd monitoring and troubleshooting tools.
- Development of stored procedures, triggers, cursors, joins, and views.
- Implementation of and support of high availability of production systems.
- Implementing operational automation using scripts.
- New server setup and configuration and upgrades.
- Database and server migrations (MySQL to MySQL and MySQL to MS SQL)
- **Must be able to work a rotating on call schedule.*
- Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university; or five or more years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Five or more years' experience with Database Administration for MySQL Server versions 5.7 through 8.1
- Experience with backups, restores and recovery models.
- General knowledge of system administration for both Linux and Windows environments
- Knowledge of indexes, index management, and statistics.
- Ability to analyze database schemas supporting business applications.
- Understanding of data security best practices; user administration principle of least privilege.
- Ability to leverage linux scripting techniques for database management
- Good communication and documentation skills.
- Knowledge of PHP/Shell scripting.
- Working experience in running MySQL as an Azure service
- Master-Slave replication configuration and troubleshooting and resolution of slave data reconciliation issues.
- Experience with DR configuration and support is a plus.
About APPLE LEISURE GROUP
As North America's only vertically-integrated travel, hospitality and leisure management group, Apple Leisure Group is an industry innovator that combines the expertise of 14 leading brands. Our unique niche allows us the special opportunity to oversee every aspect of the travel experience, from the moment a guest books a trip to the time they return home. ALG consistently delivers exceptional value to travelers and strong performance to resort owners and partners by strategically leveraging the power of its portfolio of brands across five segments, comprising:
- Vacations: The largest seller of vacation packages and charter flights in the U.S. for travel to Mexico and the Caribbean, moving approximately 3.2 million passengers annually through well-established vacation brands
- Resort Brand Management: management of 5-star and 4-star luxury resorts through AMResorts® award-winning brand portfolio
- Destination Management Services: Best-in-class destination management services provided by Amstar® DMC and Worldstar®
- Loyalty Program: Exclusive loyalty program Unlimited Vacation Club®
- Technology Solutions: Innovative technology solutions provider Trisept Solutions®, connecting over 88,000 travel agents with leading travel suppliers.
About TRISEPT SOLUTIONS
Trisept Solutions® is the enterprise operating platform that delivers innovative merchandising solutions for airlines, hotels and resorts, destinations, theme parks and other travel merchants. With 20 years of travel technology innovation, end-to-end traveler engagement and billions of transactions processed each year, this is the world's most sophisticated travel merchandising platform.
To learn more about the Apple Leisure Group advantage, visit appleleisuregroup.com.
At ALG, we call our employees Colleagues, because we are more than just employees. We care for people so they can be at their best, we provide a world of understanding and care, and we deliver distinctive experiences for our guests. Our Values, by which we operate:
Empathy • Integrity • Respect • Inclusion • Experimentation • Well Being
Benefits at a Glance
We offer competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefit package to our U.S. based employees:
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Basic Life Insurance
- Short & Long Term Disability
- Paid Parental Leave
- Corporate Wellness Program
- Travel Discounts & Deals
- Paid Time Off & Holidays
- 401(k) Plan with Company Match
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free and tobacco-free workplace and perform pre-employment background checks.