MDM Consultant at Abacus Insights
Abacus Insights is a mission-driven, growth-stage technology company focused on transforming the healthcare payor industry, ultimately creating a more personalized patient experience, improving health outcomes, and lowering the overall cost of healthcare. Abacus Insights provides a flexible, efficient, and secure platform that organizes and exchanges healthcare data from various sources and formats, allowing our customers to uncover differentiated insights that address their clients' needs. Our employees know that they play an active role in keeping our customers' data safe and are responsible for ensuring that our comprehensive policies and practices are met.
With our deep expertise in cloud-enabled technologies and extensive knowledge of the healthcare industry, we have built an innovative data integration and management platform that allows healthcare payors access to data that has been historically siloed and inaccessible. Through our platform, these health plans can ingest and manage all the data they need to transform their business by supporting analytical, operational, and financial needs.
Since our founding in 2017, Abacus Insights has built a highly successful SaaS business, raising more than $53 Million from industry-leading VC firms. We are solving problems of massive scale and complexity in an industry that is ready for disruption. We're growing quickly and would love for you to join us.
About the role:
Being on the Delivery team, the goal is to bring value directly to the client by ingesting and organizing any type of healthcare data to create longitudinal and complete patient records so patients can access their healthcare data and our client can use the data to deliver better care. This role focuses on the major healthcare problem of how we link and how we effectively process massive amounts of healthcare data.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Dive deep into the data with SQL and drive value by understanding healthcare data
- Work cross-functionally with teams like Implementation, Data Operations, Client Services, Product, and Engineering to make sure the data is high quality and matches are correct
- Help design data solutions with using knowledge of cloud services and architecture
- Work with clients directly to help them understand their problems in the context of the Abacus platform and product
- Make impactful decisions to execute on a fast-paced delivery timeframe in a start-up organization
- Understand the challenges in the healthcare industry around linking and creating patient records and Master Data Management (MDM) concepts with problems that data governance and data stewards face daily
- Have experience with healthcare data – Member enrollment, claims, labs, patient data, etc
- Have a few years of experience and background in data analytics and SQL
- Worked with clients before and understand how to understand customer requirements and driving consensus to solutions
- Familiarity with Cloud Services like AWS, Azure and data terms – json, ETL tools, data mappings, data profiling, SQL, data pipelines, running or writing simple python scripts
Equal Opportunity Employer
As a mission-led technology company helping drive better healthcare outcomes, Abacus Insights believes that the best innovation and value we can bring to our customers comes from diverse ideas, thoughts, experiences, and perspectives. We are dedicated to building diverse teams and providing equal employment opportunities to all applicants. Abacus prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type regarding race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.