Master Data Management (MDM) - PIM at Nexient (Ann Arbor, MI)
| Ann Arbor, MI
Sorry, this job was removed at 6:16 p.m. (CST) on Monday, May 16, 2022
About your future team
Nexient is on a mission: To rid the world of crappy software, one sprint at a time.
Every day, our 1000+ Agile developers, designers, and strategists empower each other to find passion in our work while we innovate the world. This culture of teamwork and curiosity is fueled by a product-minded approach to our work, crafting extraordinary custom software solutions and growing careers along the way.
Our clients range from some of America’s favorite brands in retail, healthcare, financial services to fast-emerging disruptors – You might have read about us in the NY Times. We’re also recognized as a Gartner Cool Vendor, HFS Hot Vendor, and America’s leading 100% U.S. Agile software services partner.
If you’re looking to change the trajectory of your career, make an impact on Day One, develop custom software on the best technology around – and maybe even make people’s lives easier -- then you belong here, with us.
Master Data Management specialist will model, maintain, and enhance the processes for our Master Data Management (MDM) initiatives across our customer’s businesses, supporting our changing needs and strategic objectives. This position will manage and support operations by monitoring and analyzing master data, key data, and master relationship data.
This role will be accountable for the strategic direction and oversight of the MDM program direction, data modeling, transformation, and leveraging best practices to improve our overall data management and data quality. Identify opportunities to leverage MDM and Data Quality efforts to improve business results across our customer’s enterprise and collaborate across the organization to drive change and capitalize on such opportunities.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the development and maintenance of MDM hub and integration technologies for supporting data ingestion, transformations and loading data into the MDM hub.
- Responsible for the definition and configuration of landing tables, staging tables, base objects, hierarchies, queries/custom queries and packages.
- Maintain MDM Hub configuration --Data modeling, Data Mappings, Data validation, Hierarchy Manager, security and other areas as required within MDM.
- Responsible for the implementation of master data governance processes by engaging with business and IT to define and capture data definitions, business rules and data qualities rules for master data.
- Build frameworks and quality control mechanisms to ensure highest levels of data integrity.
- Ensures master data integrity in key systems as well as maintaining the processes to support the data quality.
- Identifies areas for data quality improvements and helps to resolve data quality problems through the appropriate choice of error detection and correction, process control and improvement, or process design strategies.
- Ensures quality of master data in key systems, as well as development and documentation of processes with other functional data owners to support ongoing maintenance and data integrity.
- In collaboration with subject matter experts and data stewards, defines and implements data strategy, policies, controls, and programs to ensure the enterprise data is accurate, complete, secure, and reliable.
- Responsible for resolving data quality problems through the appropriate choice of error detection and correction, process control and improvement, or process design strategies collaborating with subject matter experts (SMEs) and data stewards.
- Manages, analyzes, and resolves data initiative issues and manages revisions needed to best meet internal and customer requirements while adhering to published data standards.
- Continuously review MDM domain models to ensure that they reflect the best available enterprise-wide data according to domain definition.
- Continuing enhancement and review of MDM matching rules, data quality and validation processes.
- Constant monitoring of master data against the currently used data in various business processes to identify the gaps, discrepancies and the opportunities to further improve quality of master data.
- Influence the development of additional capabilities to deliver business outcomes through the use of data and analytics within the MDM hub and ecosystem.
- Coach, mentor, and develop direct and indirect reports to inspire high performance and professional growth.
- Lead and supervise groups researching strategic business data and conducting MDM data analysis.
- Maintain knowledge of the trends and technologies in master data management, enterprise data quality, data services and integrations.
- Constructively challenge status quo, while providing an environment which cultivates experimentation, nurtures fresh perspectives, and sparks innovative ideas.
- Identify and build relationships with potential external vendors or parties who may assist in the building of the MDM advanced analytics capability.
- Provide more consistent data models across business units and the applications they use.
- Provide higher quality information to improve Sales and Marketing programs and help improve our overall customer experience.
- A metrics program to guide progress and future investment
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience in Computer Science or Related field
- 10 or more years in IT, architecture and roles related to Data Management and Analytics.
- 5 or more years in data integration and services, BI or data reporting in a Sales and Marketing or Product capacity
- Retail industry experience will be great to have
- Knowledge of Master Data Management concepts and techniques including modeling, data loads, data lineage, metadata and Master data usage.
- Deep understanding of Informatica suite of ETL products is required.
- Very strong SQL Skills. High comfort level with various database systems and analytical tools.
- Strong data management, integration and reporting experience.
- High level organizational and project management skills in order to handle multiple concurrent assignments in a timely manner.
- Database architecture experience and data analytics technologies
- Software Development experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
As a vital member of our Engineering Practice, you will be part of one of our 100+ small cross-functional teams working side by side with some of the most talented developers, UX designers, analysts, quality engineers, and product managers out there.
From Silicon Valley to Ann Arbor, Columbus, and beyond – a career with Nexient will offer you:
Remote, hybrid, or onsite opportunities: Here, you decide the work arrangement that best suits your needs and preferences.
Fulfilling and challenging projects: You will be exposed to different scenarios, multiple types of clients, and the most complex business and technology initiatives.
Access to the most cutting-edge technologies: You’re always going to be advancing your skillset by learning and working with the newest and most relevant technologies available out there.
A positive and passionate culture: Boring and divided aren’t in our vocabulary. In fact, it’s amazing to see how, despite our exponential growth, the Nexient culture and community stay as warm, diverse, and close as ever.
Plenty of opportunities for you to explore and grow: We will empower you to dream as big as you want and support you to make your career what YOU want it to be.
Creative runway: We take pride in encouraging our people to question the status quo.
Our benefits program includes:
· Medical, dental, and vision coverage
· Generous PTO, plus holidays
· 401(k) plan
· Life insurance and short-term & long-term disability
· Maternity leave
· Employee Assistance Program
· Flexible spending accounts
· Health savings account
Nexient is an inclusive, equal opportunity employer. At Nexient, your uniqueness makes us better. Your uniqueness is why you are valued, you are heard, you add to our culture, and you belong. Diversity & Inclusion is hardcoded into our DNA and at the core of everything we do. Together, not separately, we strive to become even more diverse to help fuel our innovation and connect us closer with the clients and communities we serve.
More Information on Nexient
Nexient operates in the Information Technology industry. The company is located in Newark, CA, Kokomo, IN, Dublin, OH and Ann Arbor, MI. Nexient was founded in 2009. It has 728 total employees. It offers perks and benefits such as Flexible Spending Account (FSA), Disability insurance, Dental insurance, Vision insurance, Health insurance and Life insurance. To see all jobs at Nexient, click here.
Read Full Job Description